Old 10-14-2004   #1
Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Wassup Bailey??

Anyone have the scoop on our friend Bailey? I have been waiting for it to come back up, but it's like they are teasing us. Turn it back on already, please...

jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004   #2
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990

With all the rain that Denver has gotten over the last few months... no need for the water.

In normal years Bailey usually only runs a few weeks in the spring (when needed to lower Dillion Res.) and a few weeks in the fall (when Denver needs the water). Over the last 5 years Denver has needed a ton of extra water because of the drought conditions. That meant that Bailey was running all the time. (That was all gravy.) Now it looks like were back in a normal pattern.

I did read an artical last week talking about Dillion levels, and they said that they most likely would not need to move any more until spring. When they will lower the levels at Dillion so that they can prevent spring flooding. They should not be doing that until after the winter snows start coming.

Bailey has run so often in the last few years that people began to think it was normal to be able to run it 100 days a year. It's not. In a normal cycle it will start to flow again in March and will be over by mid-late April.

Sorry for the news.
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote