Old 05-22-2008   #11
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
You know what's black and shiny and looks good on a Texan?

My car!

Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008   #12
DIllon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
F--ing Texans!

2 Trailer Park Girls Go Round The Out Side!! "M"
shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008   #13
Eastern Slope, Colorado
HAHAHA I just looked at this board! Screw Mountain Buzz, I'll be on Paddle Texas from now on! It's just a bunch of idiots talking about each other's sisters and how they boat once a year!

Stay in Texas Texans.
Old 05-22-2008   #14
Listen Jack!

There is an idiot alert, and its you. Police your own douche bags, we have enough up here. Have fun in Houston, please stay there!
hey diddle diddle...
lotsawater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008   #15
Houston, Texas
Paddling Since: 2005
Aight, heres the deal. Bad judgement on my part. I put the post up partly to warn, but mostly to spite a person. Yeah, it was dumb. Sorry for bringing this shit to you guys. Ya'll don't need our bullshit. I'm not trying to be the friendly fag from Texas, just realizing something wrong and apologizing, not something texans are know for. So, sorry guys, bad mistake.
kayakjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008   #16
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Here are a few reasons why Texans grate on people in the mountains:

Every day a Texan gets lost in Colorado and wastes valuable SAR resources. The cause is not just ignorance, it is arrogance.

I can predict when I will see a Texas plate almost every time by the erratic and inconsistent driving.

Yellow hummers are retarded.

The lady who ran into me at Breckenridge and caused me a major shoulder injury was from Texas.

A majority of Texans elected G.W.

Many of us have worked in the hospitality/recreation/resort/tourism business for a while. The Texans that travel here really do act like they own the place. The people of Colorado (and I'm talking about mountain folk, not necessarily all front rangers) are a people that are kind, mellow, and tend to tread lightly. The Texans are generally harsh and abrasive. It's not uncommon for them to fight in our chill ski-town bars or harass the cool girls living and working up here. It's not just not fitting in, but it is a general inconsiderateness that we experience all too often.

I think the deepest reason though, for Coloradans to hate Texans (or at least many of the ones who travel here) is that they try to make you feel second class in your own backyard. They flaunt their money and make the people who are in the service industry feel like servants.

So yeah, when a Texan comes on to a local message board and tries to create animosity toward another Texan that he has beef with because of some shit that went down in Texas everyone thinks "God, I sure hate Texans."

I'm sure you're not all bad.
Old 05-22-2008   #17
Buena Vista, Colorado
Grif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008   #18
Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000

Hey Jack,
Do all Texans go to Keystone? Just wondering. They must do a lot of advertising there. I've probably run into your friend.
I do have to thank you for the warning, but if we don't have a name or a description, how the heck do we tell you guys apart? You all sound the same!
(Before you get mad, know that I have a pretty bad accent myself and I'm just poking fun).
You should come up here yourself and do some boating. Nobody from here is going to call the law on your "buddy". However, if we knew who he was, maybe we'd let him swim a little longer in the Poudre. Now that's a lesson!
Sounds like the "extra curricular activities" aren't his problem. Sounds like he's just a jerk. We deal with that in our own way, and it's a lot more fun.

kclowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008   #19
Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Hey Man. . . I'm not from Texas

Originally Posted by kayakjack View Post
Giving you guys a heads up, there will be an Idiot asshole from Texas coming to "boat" next week through the 1st week of June. I would like everybody to be alert and if you see his dumb ass smoking weed, please have him arrested. The state of texas and all the boaters residing there would be ever greatful, infact, there may be a reward for it. In addition to this he plans on running clear creek including rigormortis. His boating skills are no match for clear creek and I would like to give you a heads up on that one as well. So if you see this idiot, just call the cops or something.
Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008   #20
Palisade, Colorado
randaddy and kayakjack: wyoming and texas are equally stupid and backwards...

peak is offline   Reply With Quote