Old 05-29-2008   #41
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
petard, humans have something called hands. I'm positive you have a set aswell. instead of using them for spanking it while on the internet. use them for doing you own dirty work.

mut is part of the trip and will not have any fun unless somebody else wipes his ass and cleans his dishs.

im throwing turkey gizzards at both of you.

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #42
alta, Utah

This has been a great week on the buzz.....My vocabulary enriched with terms like ...."whistle bitch".... "flatter than a lady acrobat"...."turd cutter" ....."turkey gizzards"....and now, "ass hampster." Am in agreement with Ihowemt....some of these more humorous threads need to be archived in the buzz's comedy vaults alongside Yakkergirl's near death experience, Max's rants, & guns at the take-out.

On the other hand....Mr. Mut's outrage & comments caused me to pause and consider the harm we could be causing our fellow buzzards and so I consulted Could some of us be guilty of cyberbullying?

Internet Safefty & Cyberbullying
Because of his no-nonsense approach and demonstrative screen shots of internet content, Dr. DeBenedittis is highly sought after to teach internet safety and cyberbullying prevention. Dr. D. offers practical safety tips, while exposing how the commercial forces controlling the internet literally seduce kids and market them to predators like it would any other product. Peter is a certified iSAFE trainer, which allows seminar participants both adults and teens attending his workshops to download valuable iSAFE curricula free of charge. Participants can use iSAFE lessons to teach internet safety in classroom and community settings, as well as training youth mentors to work with younger children.Dr. DeBenedittis
  • Keynote address--$3,000 plus travel expenses.* Includes a breakout session.
  • College Lecture--$4,250 flat fee inclusive of all travel expenses.
    Block booking discount
    • 2/2--$3,750 each flat fee
    • 3/5--$3,600 each flat fee
    • 5/7--$3,500 each flat fee
  • Middle or High School Assembly--$3,000 plus travel expenses.* Includes up to 3 one-hour talks in a single day.
  • Additional Evening Talk at School for Parents and Community--$1,000
  • Rallies, Prevention Workshops and Events--$3,000 plus travel expenses.* Includes up to two 90 minute talks in a single day.
  • Full Day Media Literacy Training--$5,000 per day plus travel expenses*. Up to 6 hours of training per day.
  • Half Day Media Literacy Training--$3,000 plus travel expenses.* Up to 3 hours.
*If you would like a flat fee that includes travel expenses for any speaker, please call Laura (505) 471-8437 extension 3 for an estimate.
Visit the Meeting Planners' page to download our letter of agreement/contract terms.

barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #43
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Wow- looks like a bunch of Buzzards got the taste of blood with the Withdrawn, and this guy (albeit a bit lazy) throws a spot of a Grand trip out there for somebody that maybe doesn't have $1400, but is jonzing to see the Canyon for free. Kinda funny, but shouldn't you be paddling? Not sure I see why it matters, other than the reasons RichP mentioned; which are legit. Busting Mut's balls are a little overboard, IMO. Not sure why anyone cares....

But have at it, you jackals- I guess we all gotta entertain ourselves.

El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #44
I think it was the non-smoking light drinking comment that did him in. A couple of safety meetings and about 6-12 beers per day combined with the modest cooking and cleaning work would be a great deal. Asking a bunch of boaters to quit all of their bad habits cold-turkey, especially on a river trip, is damn near impossible. After all, the Dr. should know that these are life long drinking and smoking habits that we learned in our early youth.
Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #45
Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Good call Cutch, but how bout this angle if the Doctor was willing:

Rehab on the Grand, that is paid for and you get to do menial hard labor. I hear they make you do that anyway in all the places in Malibu the stars go to.............the Grand is the place to kick the habits. Saving a bunch of money not going to Betty Ford
kayakfreakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #46
GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Dingle Berry,
Nope not on the trip. If most buzzards are trying to say they would rather no be on his trip, why don't they say just that. His post didn't ask for all the "I am so cool because I can slam you on the internet" hecklers to post how they could never go on a trip where they were asked to work.

Sorry to harsh on your little bashing session. Why don't you say hi to the guy in yellow ZG with a bent shaft werner with red blades and lets see where that dead ass-hamster ends up.

From what I hear, the only use for you is to wipe my ass. Careful, its a little sore after killing an ass hamster. Why don't you go find some more class V++++ gnar. While you at it stop hyper ventilating on that weed and teach your fat friend in the wetsuit to paddle.

I agree, the post was over the top. My point is that the buzz has turned into a place where if you say the wrong thing, everyone jumps your shit. Personally I can take it, but is that the "community" we want. I would be a poor candidate for the cook position because of my various vices, but someone on here could be stoke to not pay the $1400 buck to get in the grand.

El Flaco,
Maybe this is why they call it the BUZZard.

I think I have throw insults at the right folks, but if I missed you... next time. I made my point and am out. Flame away, just be sure not to hide behind some user name. Be sure you'd say it to my face.

Mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #47
Dolores, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994

Ya'll just slay me! I thought the "Griff almost killed me" thread was as good as it gets, but was I wrong.
doloresgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #48
Local, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to paddlebizzle
Originally Posted by Mut View Post
And ADMIN, if you decide to edit this post, pull the dick out of your mouth so I can understand your weak justification.
This thread = funny as shit.

You should sign up. Make sure you wax your back before you go. They'll expect shows by the campfire every night.

Love, the Admin....
paddlebizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #49
no tengo
Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
this har is me can i go?

mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #50
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Originally Posted by Mut View Post
Legality aside,

Who F@#cking cares if this guy wants to have a cook on the trip. I've been on plenty of trips with friends where we share the cook and clean duties and some of the meals sucked. Some poeple suck at cooking. Some people would rather go on side hikes and throw horseshoes than cook.

I even have a few chef freinds who enjoy cooking and would be happy to do cook every meal on a trip.

As for dishes, unless you are a total a$$ hole, nobody is going to refuse to offer any help.

The guys post did not ask for a slave, it asked for a cook/dishwasher.

In my opinion, every one of you who is giving him a hard time is a TOOL.

Anyone who copies this post to the NPS should get kicked in the groin.

If your not interested, don't reply.

And ADMIN, if you decide to edit this post, pull the dick out of your mouth so I can understand your weak justification.
I take it you're on the trip
Jesus christ, this thread is funnier than all of season 8 of South Park. I nearly choked on my whistle.

"self-aggrandizing jackass" - it says it right on the label
heliodorus04 is offline   Reply With Quote