Old 06-08-2007   #1
Vertical Challenge Party: June 21st

It’ll be Thursday night, June 21st, before we all know it. To finish off the EddyFlower Vertical Challenge we are throwing a PARTY at The Spot in Golden at 6:00pm. Everyone is welcome!

A full on event to award the teams who paddled the most vert in their division and award the individuals who raised the most funds for First Descents.

The Spot truly supports the Event and the Cause. Here is how they are going to contribute to First Descents:
  • 1 keg is being donated. $1.00 cups of beer till the keg is dry with 100% of proceeds going to First Descents.
  • 4% of all food ordered off the menu will go to First Descents. Come hungry!
EddyFlower will have the following items available for raffle. One FREE ticket per person. Here is what you can expect to get your hands on:
  • WRSI Helmet
  • EddyFlower Hoodies, Hats and Visors
  • And MORE raffle give aways will be listed as we get closer to the party
The Spot Bar & Grill
Golden, CO 80403-2453
Phone: (303) 271-9310

Sic Prizes!

First Place:
• Tech 40 watches - 1 per person on the winning team
• Keen shoes - 1 per person on the winning team

Second place:
• Voz Shaders - 1 per person on the winning team

Third Place:
• Funnel videos - 1 per person on the winning team

First Place:
• Aquabound paddles - 1 per person on the winning team
• Keen shoes - 1 per person on the winning team

Second Place:
• Voz Shaders - 1 per person on the winning team

Third Place:
• Funnel videos - 1 per person on the winning team

• WRSI helmets - 1 per person on the winning team

• Kokatat drytops - 1 per person on the winning team

The top three to raise the most donations for First Descents will take home:
• 1st. Dagger 8.5 creekboat
• 2nd. Aquabound paddle
• 3rd. WRSI helmet

Here’s how teams and individuals are stacking up so far:

Get there early. Grab some grub. More information to follow. And there are still 6 days left in the competition! Give props to those out there gettin’ on it …

BKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #2
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
I wanted to say thanks to everyone that did the event and for the support they have offered to First Descents. Brad Ludden is in Montana with a FD camp right now and is off line but I know he is going to be so fired up when he hears the news. And the top fundraiser is going to be equally fired up when I put that new Nomad in his hands!
And now to top it off we have a party?! Ah yeah.....paddlers love to party. We are looking forward to meeting everyone and celebrating in Golden on Thursday night. Big thanks to BKC for all of his hard work and to the teams that got out there and ran the steeps. Congrats to everyone and see you on Thursday.

Dagger Kayaks

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #3
Denver, Colorado
Put A Face To The Handle

Looking forward to putting a face to the "handle". Plenty of buzzards i'd like to meet, hoping everyone can join us for the party this thrusday at the spot in golden
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #4
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Looking forward to the party too! Great job to all the teams that paddled their asses off. The donations really came through in the end too. Its a nice thing to paddle hard, raise a bunch of money for a great cause and celebrate all of the above with cold beers.

See you thursday night...
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #5
Big Props

Great Job to all those involved in organizing and executing this event. The dollar numbers going towards 1st D are staggering and every singe person who particiated should be very proud of what they have accomplished.

First Descents is an AMAZING program and I can assure you there will be many grateful young adults for what you have all done for them. This was a great way for everyone to get involved, while doing what they were already going to do, and I hope we can see more participation in the years to come because this is an amazing opportunity to support such a great cause.

I hope everyone is able to make it to the SPOT tomorrow night and join in on some cheap beers and good times. See you there!

P.S. Will Hucking Ducky be making an appearance?
twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #6
in the ditches, ......
Paddling Since: 1996
To EddyFlower: What an amazing effort to put this comp together...thank you! Great job and looking forward to future events!

To FRFF: Way to rally and take the comp, i'm stoked!

Note: I won't be able to make it up there by Thursday....we just did a double header on the Middle Fork Kings and Upper Cherry Creek. Most of my gear has completely "self destructed" and girlies are not happy back here in phoenix!!! So i'm stuck repairing gear and other unmentioned things, as well as trying to make some freakin money for Quebec..... But head to the party and have a couple for me!

The impossible is merely the undone. -CS
codyhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #7
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
I heard huckin duckie might make an appearance, but he told me it depends on what he's hucking that evening. I do know he's a sucker for dollar beers though.....
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #8
Thursday ... the 21st .... 6 pm ... The Spot

Hey Buzzards,

Thanks to our sponsors, we got some sic prizes we are giving out to the competitors along with swag to all paddlers that show up and win from the FREE raffle. We have several, unannounced, raffle surprises in store for all that make it.

The Spot is donating 4% of all food sales tomorrow to First Descents ... come hungry.

Yeah it's that easy:

Rally your crew ... get to The Spot in Golden for great grub ... cold beers ... and a huge party!

Dollar beers start at 6 pm.

See you there ...

Brian and EddyFlower
BKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #9
Video/Photo DVD

We also received a rough edit of the video/photo collection DVD from this years competition. We will be viewing the rough edit tonight and giving away a couple copies in the raffle. Additional video and photos will be taken at the party tonight, and included in the final edit. Also, if you have photos/video of your team in action that you have not given us, please bring them tonight or contact Looking forward to a great time tonight!

TAC is offline   Reply With Quote