Old 10-11-2006   #1
Father of illegitimate San Juan sasquatch children, Climax. CO
Valle NO GO!

River wide log in the second half of trash can! Right where you boof past the sharks tooth is a log that is partially summerged at this level (2pm wed). The log is toally out of the water about four inches right were you boof. The log slants down into the water towards the right wall and pillow. Water is surging leaving the log dry and then covered with no particular pattern to the surges. Pretty shitty place to have a log.
-I will help get it out if anyone wants to help when levels get to probably 150cfs.
-The cave in entrance is full of wood sticking straight out. If somoene recirced left towards the cave if could be potentially nasty as the logs are right at water level. Just make sure you boof. no skirt implosions.
-Also very small piece of wood in the entrance of Boufant. Easy lasso and upstream pull.
- Good News- the log in pick up sticks is totally gone! Left line is back. Every other rapid is good to go. No major changes, but it does look like the new rock in No Way Out has settled a little. there was a sneek line between the new rock and the main chock rock in the middle (was that there before?).
-the gauge may have changed again. Looked like more water than 374cfs. looked like 450. Someone with more runs needs to verify this.
-sorry for the bad news, i was stoked until I saw that log in trash can. Perfect day and level. I hope we get in there and get that log out.

floaty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #2
Skywalker Construction, LLC
was there any wood in s turn or fuzzy bunny? Is the wood in entrance cave floating or lodged?

HANSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #3
-There was no more wood in any rapid except boufant. Small little lasso out.
-No wood in fuzzy that I could see. I got right above it on the ledge on river left and couldn't see anything.
-Wood in entrance lodged, not floating. It is sticking about three feet out from the cave entrance. Like a bundle of limbs sticking straight out into the recirc flow. You could get flushed underneath it?
-if you seal launched above pick-up-sticks you would be fine for the rest of the run.
-look at No-Way-OUT. i think it changed.
-Also try to comfirm guage accuracy.
-Lets get that wood out before to long so we can boat this spring.
Old 10-29-2006   #4
no tengo
Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
looking at no way out yesterday - there are also some small logs sticking vertically into the new rock. this could cause problems.

the log in lower trash can is going to be the main problem. johnny, lets fire up the hand saw (since no chain saws allowed).
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #5
Dana, I don't think that i have to work Saturday. Maybe sunday? PM me and we will get that thing out. or 970-946-3746. Johnny