Old 07-11-2005   #21
Gary, your not getting anything unless your with me. we are talking about a run that looks like a mix between the green in NC and the inner gorge of the crystal. probably some of the sickest shit i'v seen in colorado. if this was in our back yard, we would be lapping it daily. it may just be that the "mountain men" don't know how to boof because there is about ten 8 footers in there. more clean boofs than any other run in the state. 5 logs for 2 miles of many years? we do twice that work just for sbc. 1/2 day of cleaning and 1/2 day of straight bagging vert. what would be a better way to spend a sunday? i'm sick of amature hour and smack talking....consider this one done!

chad - all joking aside. thanks for the beta and nice work on the standard. the lower section is too good to be just sitting there. if you want, lets set a time to get this done.

slee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005   #22
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005   #23
craporadude - by "locking up your women" you must mean fag hags - your post sounds like a homo erotic fantasy or the plot to a gay s&m flick...
a very poor attempt at Chunder humor - at least come up with your own material.

no class.
KT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005   #24
Becoming a classic...

Yo, glad you guys came up and checked it out. The lower section is where most of the work has been done (the steep gorge section with two big boofs at the end). I know some people have spent serious time cleaning from where you guys looked at down to the school. Everyone keeps the work low key (wilderness issues, wild and scenic status??, Minturn's water supply, etc.) and don't want to be known. Some people have even cleaned but never paddled it, go figure.

I have heard that in the past that some of the lower has been run but the stories are so scattered no one is really sure if we are all talking about the same stuff and there are very few people to ask about it. Cross has been picked at for probably 7 years by now but I am fairly certain there are 1-2 First's left in there above where you looked but below where we paddled. The last two V drops (the slide with the log all the way across bank to bank you duck and Shuttle Bitch have defintely been paddled mutilple times). Shuttle Bitch was full of huge logs until the 02' season blew it out and we got a chance to First it in 03'.

I think it could be the best overall hair run in the state when we go top to bottom without wood issues. It will take some serious effort to get it good. Probably most of a weekend with even a large crew. At least now the interest is finally perked. By the way, Gary and Forest got pics of the 03' trips back then but I guess it didn't motivate them enough for 04' (can't blame em', I think they decided to do Upper Upper Cherry instead )

Let's coordinate offline for the clean-up. Low profile is key until we are done with the work. I can rally some Vail folks but it is true there isn't much of a V+ crowd here. It's a hard call to make though when you gotta choose between a Suga' Mama or a chainsaw! I guess it's only one weekend

If anyone else can chime in on this one and clear up Cross's past please do. It's been a long time coming, but this will become a classic. If you know of previous runs (partial/complete or whatever) and any more named drops, let's get it straight while we have a chance. Thanks.
Chad D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005   #25

what the hell kind of name is this. It sounds like the choice is either to crap or take another dude, go back to neverland ranch you silly faggot. It's obvious by your total of one post that you are a groupy steroid matt has recruited to defend such a sorry ass crew. The fact of the matter is that I only rolled into cross creek to run that silly left line on the first drop that all you bitches were afraid to run. Had I realized how much energy your girls in vail took out of a man I would have at least tried to get a couple hours of rest for the rest of the run, lets just say that smacking ass all night can be tough on the old shoulder joints.
The second giveaway that your a poser, groupy, but lover of matts from the gym is your statement making fun of the fact that I was walking down the creek with no kayak. It is common knowledge among all vail boaters that when visiting members of the chunder posse roll into your weak ass truck stop of a town, they are to be escourted to any run of their choice. Since a contract drawn up and signed in 97 we have sworn not to call upon your girlfriends between the hours of 11pm-5am in exchange for having shuttle run at any vail county river of our choice as well as any sherpa services so desired.
I'm not sure what kind of stories matt has been telling you at the gym but let me just set you straight, when your slow ass porters finally got our shit back humvee there was one pink paintball streak on our window and a large trail of dust being left by an 86 subaru baja with 4 boats in the back. We were pissed for sure and felt bad for the poor sherpa who had to lick off the slime with his tongue. This kind of shit is not going to fly in the future. One more paintball seen on anyone of our vehicles and the contract is void, 11-5 will become chunderposse hours and a mass exudus of females leaving vail for steamboat will ensue.
waynechorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005   #26
Side note: To anyone confused about all these so called vail females that have spent nights getting an ass slapping from the sic front range boys and then carrying their balls up the "hair" run for them...

These ladies are part of the front range's Relocation for the Institutionalized (referred to hereafter as RFTI). The front range has run into a problem finding space for these ladies and is now housing them at undisclosed locations in the Vail Valley.

After several notorious incidents in and around our local valley night spots (which won't be mentioned), involving many a drink to the face and fists to the eye, the little lowland boys tucked tails and ran shrieking for the nearest RFTI complex, where they proceeded to get a little tard lovin'.

So indeed, they have it made when they come here... and to thank us for allowing the RFTI program to even exist in this pristine valley, be sure to ask them for $50.00 bucks (the gals in the RFTI program are "good eaters" and food donations are appreciated - no vienna sausages... they get enough of those from 303) when you see one of them and suggest log clearing creeks as community service.
Old 07-12-2005   #27
RFTI has just announced they will be having a Cross Creek cleaning day. The "good eaters" in this group can easily handle a chainsaw and therefore have volunteered their efforts this fall. A peanut gallery fee will be required to watch the "women working on wood" and the funds raised will be spent without discretion. Details will follow.
Old 07-12-2005   #28
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Now this is where post's should be going...As for wisegirl-the chunder posse is from steamboat not the front range..These steamboat paddlers are just one step above the vail pukes..Gotta give it to the mtn girls as they fire shit up as I just witnessed this weekend with one,so I'll leave the girls out of it...

As for drink,face and fists-come one,talking about woodsheds and sqealing doesn't count for shit as us front rangers have been coming to your mtn for years and killing it along with all the vail wannabes...The funny thing about vail is all the good paddlers there never get on the buzz....Pretty sad when the front range knows you're weak and the other mtn towns Know you're weak,you folks better start cleaning your wood and taking your girls up there to first d your runs before we show up next summer and wreck the whole scene- you vail choads seem to have some of your woman thinking you guys are really that good,no wonder you want us to stay in the front range...

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005   #29
Gar, for one it's hard to wreck a creek scence that doesn't exist. And two, it's easy to leave the girls out, there are only ~3 that get it done!

Wish you weren't down, we are going back in there tonight after work. Might try and get another drop done as well depending on the daylight. Sucks to be a weekend warrior....

Old 07-12-2005   #30
Bro Bra Blah Blah Blah
Lakehood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 99
Send a message via AIM to K2boater
and two of them are in the pics I posted here....who is the third???

K2boater is offline   Reply With Quote