USB update. Some wood
We ran USB yesterday morning. It's pretty good to go. Some new wood in places, and some old wood moved away.
1. Above Trainspotting, upstream of the railroad bridge, log across main channel. Sneak right. No portage necessary as of now.
2. First drop of grand piton has a new log that's mostly out of the way. It could be more in the way as the water comes down.
3. Tree across most of the river about 200 yards below the first drop of grand piton. Sneak around it on the left.
4. The good news is that the giant log jam above Rimby has been pushed aside. So now Rimby is good to go from top to bottom. If you aren't scared of the undercut. (I am)
5. Dead tree slowly sliding down the river left hillside into s-turn. It's not in the way yet, but if it slides down another foot, it will be. I'd advise scouting s-turn for every run this year. Another rainstorm could easily allow the tree to slide into the river, and that could be a serious issue.
Thats about it. I'm guessing none of these logs will move again this season, but you never know.