Old 06-30-2005   #11
Paddling Since: 1994
dont know if its good to go down to GMR. we opted to do laps of the rapids instead. hope to get back up and see.

zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005   #12
Any update on floating the whole river, silverthorne to boat ramp at south end of Green Mountain? Have 15' raft with oar rig, trailered. Just my wife, dog, and I. If we don't have some what easy access, we will have to fight some bigger crowds at pumphouse. Also, where can we put-in, upstreamfrom blue river cg(more near silverthrone)?

Salto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #13
Paddling Since: 1994
i floated the upper all the way to the ramp at GMR. below the regular takeout it is fairly continuous 2 with some 3 minus type stuff. the run is good to go, with just a few obstacles. the most serious and the crux move is avoiding the wind once you hit the res. with the res full you have to go about 2 miles of flat. this flat as of yesterday afternoon was moving upstream due to gail force winds. a brutal row across to say the least. other obstacles are a cable to duck just a little after the regular takeout, a low bridge a few miles down we passed on the left and higher side(cable hanging down from the bridge on the right) and a few trees that give a little concern as you float towards them but if you are competant at the oars there are clean easy paths as you get near them. a couple spots get a little bony but nothing to worry about. if you are doing a one car hitchhik thing i would say take out at the ramp on the hwy 9 side instead of the ramp on the heeney rd. not alot of boater traffic on the heeney rd and you may have to hike the 2-3 miles to 9 before getting a ride. all in all a worthy float but next time i'll have an outboard ready to break out when i hit the lake. real pretty in there and the road isnt all that intrusive. oh, and if you are noit familiar with the regular upper blue there is a log to duck in the center right after the put in. careful with your oars. as far as above quaking ck, i dont know but the book says class 2 gravelly flaot from any fishermans access. i'd be carefull ptting in to high as there are a f ew bridges up by silverthorne.

zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote