Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 08-27-2004   #11
Rager on the Res - Labor Day

Any new news with coordinating a "Rager on the Res" party. Its a great idea and we shouldn't let it lose steam. Let's keep it going. I know there are a few of us non-locals that are planning on coming up for the releases.

Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004   #12
In exchange for a place to lay my sleeping bag, I can provide a Stihl chainsaw and a load of wood... Need a BIG fire to rage around now don't we !!!!

bouldrmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004   #13
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Info please...

Can somebody provide a little more information on the difficulty of the Upper Blue run? I've read the description in CRC2, but looking for a few more details. Perhaps a comparison to other rivers in CO. Just don't want to get in over my head and don't know anybody who has run this section yet.

lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004   #14
so I called the dillon ranger dist number, and they sent me to the site www.dillonrangerdistrict.com to check out campgrounds. it looks like most of them are designated (read limited) sites, with vehicle and person limits as well. the davis campground looks like it may be good for us, as it is undeveloped, with a large looking parking area, and only five dollar fees per vehicle (tho it does say room for 7 vehicles, I wonder if that's enforced...) likely we could just sort of "take it over" early and the look of us should run off any non-boaters

don't know how it does for fire rings, etc, but I would think there was something...

So is there anyone who can make it up friday? it wouldn't hurt to lay claim to any extent we can...

laurie, I bet there'll either be enough people to keep an eye on you, or there'll be a crew ready for the lower run, but at least you can come for the party!!

anyone got a geetar or drums??
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004   #15
just spoke with a ranger and the davis campground sounds a little tight. there is legal, but as of yet undesignated, camping at the takeout for the upper run (just about where 9 crosses the blue) that we may be able to use. toilets but nothing else. a firepan would be good.

that's all I got for now!! sounds like fun!!!!
Old 08-27-2004   #16
I'm tellin' ya - camp at the res!!
ebaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004   #17
ok, ok!! sounds like there's something more than I know...
Old 08-29-2004   #18
Put In and Take Out

CRC shows the Upper Blue as only 3 miles. Put in Quaking Creek Take Out Columbine Landing. Any other suggestions?
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004   #19
West of Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
I understand there are put ins above and take outs below the three mile III+/IV- section, if you want to extend the run? I heard it was mostly II water, private land, and there could be a lot of fishermen? Can anyone recommend other put-ins and take-outs to extend the run. Is there any lowhead dams, manmade , or wierd stuff to contend with above or below the III+/IV- section? Thanks for the input.
Chief Niwot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #20
I spoke with one of the rangers and they said it was "not recommended" to boat beyond the columbine take out, mostly because it is all private land and if anything were to happen, a rescue would constitute trespassing. nothing about "you'll die if you go down there" so it's hard to say. all I gots.