Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 03-06-2007   #1
Update on Jackson Avalanche victim/ Fundraiser/Crested Butte

I just wanted to let you all know about the fundraiser going on in CB this Saturday at the Eldo. A good friend of mine is still in critical condition from a large avalanche in Jackson Hole 2 weeks ago. A bunch of friends are putting on a silent auction for Adam. I just wanted to let people in Colorado know that Bliss Stick Kayaks will be auctioning off a Bliss Stick Kayak of choice at this event.
To find out more info go to:
Or email
mparis@bliss-stick.com for more info on the kayak auction
Mike Paris
PS Big thanks to Bliss Stick for their help.

Here is the info for the event and from the accident.

Update on Jackson Avalanche victim/ Fundraiser/ Beach Vacation Deal
As many of you know, a friend of mine and others on this board was injured last week in an avalanche in Granite canyon outside of Jackson Hole. SuperGaper wrote an account here: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...t=mags+careful

Adam is making progress, to be sure. We are hoping that his breathing tube will be removed this weekend. Still, he is lucky to be alive and will be in the hospital in SLC for at least another couple of weeks. All of this time away from work and all of the medical expenses will be difficult on his young family, so he needs all the support he can get. Here's a shot of Adam and Heather (Seriously Jay, this is the best photo you could find of them? I guess the no shirt manliness is expected to get the ladies )

Anyone who would like to donate, here's the info that I am pasting up:

"The Adam Smith Recovery Fund

Jackson State Bank & Trust
Account Number: 7121704

Wiring Instructions:

Jackson State Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 1788
Jackson, WY 83001

Routing Number: 102301209
Account Number: 7121704
Account Name: The Adam Smith Recovery Fund

Contact Information for Fund:

Kim Hindman
P.O. Box 417
Teton Village, WY 83025

Your Donation will be considered a “Gift”
You may take a gift deduction on your tax return up to $12,000 per person.
This is not a tax deductible donation."

In addition, there will be a silent auction here in Crested Butte, where Adam has a lot of ties. It will be on the 10th, at the Eldo, if anyone is around. Anyone who thinks they could send me some stuff by then to put up for auction, please PM me and I'll get you my addy. Some of my sponsors, including Leki, Gordini, and Zeal were all kind enough to send some stuff out, so a huge shout-out to them.

My friends Jay and Amber are donating a week at their condo in Huatulco, Mexico. The place sleeps 4 and is 5 minutes from the bars, the grocery stores, and the beach. There is a good surf break about 6 miles away, and a world-class break about 20 miles away. The value is at least $700, not to mention the help that you would be providing Adam and Heather. PM me if you are interested in this, and here's some photos:

mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #2
Golden, Colorado
Hey Mike,
Sorry to hear about Adam's accident. It sounds bad but it also sounds like he has made it through the worst part. He's a survivor and whatever he has in him that helped him to live is going to help him heal fast. I don't think I know him but tell him I said hi and to get out of that hosptial ASAP.

Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #3
Thanks everyone for a great fundraiser, the CB crew raised about 5,000 for Adam and his family. He is doing much better, off breathing tubes and has taken a couple of steps.
Thanks again,
mp is offline   Reply With Quote