Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 01-11-2007   #1
Somewhere on, Earth
UPDATE: Flows page updated with EddyFlower Flows

I just wanted to let you know that Phateye was acquired by Eddy Flower and they have updated their section of our flows page to data coming from their database.

Here is a link to our flow page:

Please report any bugs or new feature requests for that section to info@eddyflower.com.

Click here to go to the Eddy Flower home page:

Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #2
steamboat, Colorado
Can you still access the old Phateye anywhere?

latenightjoneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #3
hey diddle diddle...
lotsawater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #4
Indian Hills, Colorado
Too much information. Liked Phateye for what it was, liked eddyflower for what it is. Eddyflower doesn't replace the simplicty of Phateye.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #5
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
I personally liked the old flows as they were sorted by drainage, not alphabetical, and it was easier to make sense of what was happening geographically with tributaries etc. I agree with Dan, too much info in once clustered space.

It would be nice to have links to both a simple flows page that was color coded like the old one, and keep the run descriptions separate.

The other problem with the eddyflower flows is that there are a number of gauges that don't work (poudre), lots of "visual", and some empty spots. Day to day during kayaking season, the flows page is probably what we use the most. Making it user friendly and simple like the old one was top notch and the interface did not need to be improved in my opinion.

I think a potential improvement would be listing the low, medium, and high levels so that folks can see what the values for the color coding are.

Bring back the flows!
deepsouthpaddler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #6
oh yeah
organized by drainage was better.

danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #7
Denver, Colorado
Yo buzzards!

Keep the feedback comin'! We've got time to make the flows tight before spring run off.

Try out the “My Favorites” feature which allows you to select exactly which runs you want listed i.e. remove runs with visual gauges or no flows. Mouse over the flow level to get the Flow Level Legend, if you prefer we can add the legend to the bottom of the page. As for Drainage that is a bit sticky...some love drainage some don't...we have "Location" displayed. We can easily add a drainage column and sort by drainage if that's the call.

Paul (eddyflower guy)
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #8
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Another vote for by drainages. Also flows need to be seperated from the full list of runs. That is just too much beta.

Obviously any of us who use it much will work on a favorite list to view and it will be better still.

But for people who dont take the time to set that up, a list more silmilar to the original would be best.

I actually think I might prefer the original list even to a well organized favorites. I like to run through the state by drainage. Even though i wont be headed to many of the places regularly, and might not include them in my favorites, it is nice to see how the state is "running off".

Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007   #9
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
I agree that I liked the general layout of the old system better. Definately sort by drainage. I also agree that you don't need a gauge for every individual section as it makes it appear overcrowded and is difficult to read. It'd be better to just list one gauge for multiple sections, i.e. having a separate flow listed for the Upper, Middle, and Lower Narrows is unnecessary.

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007   #10

I like by drainage. - It makes more sense to my small weasle brain.

etnguppys is offline   Reply With Quote