Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 07-03-2006   #1
unpleasent run-in with a fellow paddler @#'s launch 7/1

Total bummer happened to my g/f as she drove out of the #1 launch site of the ARK saturday morning. As I understand it, a RED pickup truck with yaks in the back was driving real fast up the dirt road to the launch. She said the vehicle in front of her (who I talked with as well) had to slam the breaks to avoid this RED pickup, then she thought it may run into her as well. She said she mentioned to the driver that he should "slow down, or learn how to drive" or something like that and he responded "F@CK YOU B!TCH."
At think of ANY reason to speak to anyone, especially to a woman like this. What blows my mind is that this A-Hole in the RED pickup is a fellow paddler and was accompanied by a younger boy.
Since I wasn't present to have a discussion with this total ass, I'm hoping that he or someone who knows him may read this account if his bullsh!t behavior and give him the message to calm the f@ck down.
Again, RED pick up. #'s, saturday AM.
No Excuse

gregmcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006   #2
gross generalizations

As a driver of a RED pick-up which frequently has boats in the back I had to say something. I wasn't at the ARK this weekend, but am regularly subjected to hate from inconsiderate flouderers who lump all RED pick-up drivers together.
Though, we all have assholes, not all RED pick-up drivers are assholes. Plate number? Make? Model? C'mon. Let's not make all RED pick-up drivers feel guilty. Are you sure he didn't say, " It's up to you, which (parking space you want)? " or, " Lucky you, would you like a sandwhich?"
For someone whose attention is limited to RED pick-up, it is possible she miss - heard him.

neckybliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006   #3
pnw, Washington
People are angry for all kinds of reasons. Dont let his problems become your problems, move on......ooooohhhhhmmmm......
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006   #4
American made RED pickup truck...

Neckybliss, obviously it wasn't you. I will apologize in advance if my quest for some internal discourse monitoring of our paddling community will lead to an accusation of you (or other RED american made pickup drivers) being said A-hole. I'm sure your comrades know you to be a completly cool person and would immediately dismiss you as the perpetrator of this lame exchange.
BTW "am regularly subjected to hate from inconsiderate flouderers who lump all RED pick-up drivers together." Does this really happen to you often? Is it cause it's red, or its a truck?

Oh yeah, lots of Ohms.
Old 07-07-2006   #5
you can end your "quest"

as the "young boy" of 17 in this red pick up let me straighten a few things up for you. the driver who will remain nameless pulled off to the side to let your g/f go by and actually didn't say "f u" until she called him an a hole first. don't try to make your g/f out to be the complete victim just because she's your g/f. and getting heated about it doesn't help anything either. we're over it, so it seems you're the one who needs to chill the f out.

have a nice day
somekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #6
Somekid, I'm chill, I don't believe you, and I don't think your point is relevant.
The only reason I'm even mentioning this is because I know how tight of a community the paddling one is and I want your buddy know this shit gets around.

As long as your nameless friend gets this point, and I'm sure he has, I'll express this simply:

A. Don't drive like an idiot in an environment paddlers rely on access to (this was mentioned by another person in another vehicle that you guys passed on the same road.)
B. Don't talk to fellow boaters like that.

Is there really anything else to say about this?

This Agression Will Not Stand..., man!
-J Lebowski, aka. The Dude
Old 07-08-2006   #7
Amsterdam, Netherlands
so "somekid" joins the forum on July 7th to say his "buddy" wasn't at fault.... come'on dude, nut up, admit you were a tad excited to get on the water and you'll take more precautions. hiding behind a brand new userid is just sad.
"I would drag my balls across broken glass just to hear her fart into a walkie talkie" -Jay Drury
tboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #8
salida, Colorado
agreed. take responsibility and yes you are a young kid
psu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006   #9
Aw, come on, do you really blame the guy for hiding behind a new userid? Look how the original poster is taking this too seriously.

This whole thing is overblown. Get over it.
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #10

i wasnt trying to say that my party had no fault but that not all fault. both parties were at fault. one over anxious to get out, one to get in. words exchanged on both ends and nobody is completely excused. the driver was told that the word exchange couldnt have helped anything, by the rest of us present, but the g/f had no business exchanging words either.

all in all, it was blown stupidly out of proportion and needs to just be dropped.

this will be my last post, happy boating. hopefully we can simply learn that when something like this happens it would be best for both parties to simply realize that $h*t happens and you cant make it better with a negative verbal exchange.

somekid is offline   Reply With Quote