Old 06-26-2005   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Underground Rodeo

Ok here is the deal.
A rodeo announced the day of or the day before it happens. Meaning little to no notice. If you make it great, if you don’t no biggy. Participants choose time allotted and scoring format, choice of one out of two or three on each. Fee probably a dollar that goes into a pot for the winner or winners’ choice of charity. I have had this idea for years. Every time I’m at Union on some flash flood peak having a blast and nobody else is there, I think where is everybody? This is what it is all about. What’s this rodeo about? Just having fun. I suck at rodeo. Do I care? HELL NO. There is one thing I am good at and that is having fun on the river and enjoying it with others. If you can’t have fun, don’t show up. If you are a poor sport don’t come. The judges may suck. You may loose because of bad judging. Who cares!!! If you do, don’t come. I’ll bring a grill and something to grill. It’s kind of a kayakers potluck. You bring it we’ll eat it. Yes that includes the soggy power bar that’s been in your kayak bag for a month. Don’t be surprised if a location is announced that you have not heard of before. There are many holes I’ve been beat down in that are fun and worth watching others get trashed. The main idea is going to the river with friends and family kayaking, hanging out, eating food and having a great time.

Reflecting on our adventures allows us to keep the spirit of joy, happiness, hardships, honesty and gratitude alive.
Frogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005   #2
Arvada, 80003
Paddling Since: 2002
"I hear a rumble in the underground." Word on the street is that something might go down wensday. Keep your ear to the street, and stay tuned in for futher information, and possible instructions. Get ready to drop everything, and throw down for some possible cash and a bit of good old fashion fun.

TheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005   #3
DP/ Cinematographer
DP - cinematographer, Boulder
Paddling Since: 1978
Send a message via Skype™ to Brook
The beat on the Street is maybe "Bronco Billy" hole or Lawson weds? Both would be great... All you Westsiders can make to Lawson to represent if we have it there. Although maybe we should compete for 6pks. of frosty's.

-bring it
Brook is offline   Reply With Quote