Old 05-25-2007   #11
Wydaho, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1996
Damn, I need to get home & do some paddling. Grew up in Sheridan, but have only paddled the Tounge (lower).

dvanhouten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #12
Cody, Wyoming
It looks like a group of us will be meeting Sunday at the LTP gauge on Ten Sleep at 11 and running the upper or lower depending on level. Monday I'm unsure
but i'm thinking ten sleep again or Tongue!

Mike call me on my cell 307-899-1942 if you want to hook up, I think I will be
camping in ten sleep canyon sunday night.

COLDFEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007   #13

Man, that's too much fun reading this post. I went in with Dan Crain, Todd Andrew, Josh Sandage and Gordon Dalton many years ago for Tensleep, Shell, Paintrock, etc. Tensleep was great, but I HIGHLY recommend the Paintrock trip if you get a chance, too.

It must've been eight miles or more or quality drops, just one or two portages and some great scenery. The camping on the hill above the put-in was incredible, and one of the branches has some great first D possibility. Get an early start! -- Harris
Harris Haynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #14
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Awesome. I paddle vicariously through you. Keep after it and be safe.
I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #15
Cody, Wyoming
It was a great weekend in the Big Horns Ten Sleep was running Sunday at a foot and we had the biggest possee the Big Horns have ever seen, 9 paddlers and big grins on everyones faces!

Dan and Todd were smiling too i'm sure!!!

I will put together a trip report with some photos in the next day and I know some of the Colorado crew took some video.

COLDFEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #16
Hey Harris, its good to here from you. Me and a few colorado boys got the chance to hang out with Aaron and his wyoming possee this weekend on upper Tensleep. It was great to be expoloring Todd and Dan's old stomping grounds. They were on my mind all weekend. I was telling everyone the story about when you decided to seal launch down the culvert. Unforuntaly we missed out on Paint Rock, but we were able to get in the falls run on the Popo Agie. Wyoming's sick! Is'nt it about time for you and Gordon's annual trip out west? Ya betta get ahold of me. Mark

marky mark is offline   Reply With Quote