Old 04-27-2010   #21
Indian Hills, Colorado
report: 1500 cfs. yep, that was fun. in the heat of the moment, it's forgivable to go to union and get some south platte in the mouth. my shit smells rank.

top wave thing is hole-ride practice right now...might be in there longer than you expected...don't miss "rowdy hole" down below about 1/5 mile. what's it's name anyway?

4/27/10 1500 at Union for the sake of documentation
Top - sticky, surfs and spins great. got a little green patch to it
Hollywood - would love to see someone who knows what their doing in there. elbows in
Three - Slow surf spin, minimal time for recover before 5-0
5-0 - Sorta changed through the evening, but in general nice shoulders, glassy surfers left side pocket, fast, nice pile. still not comparable to trestle
last drop - spin city
rowdy hole - a fast bouncy play thing with a deep trough, a firm pile and a face like Jason

DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #22
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990

Mike, Can't wait to paddle with you and H. The power plant has changed or is the process of being changed. The Bladder dam is not more and they are building a feature there. I have not checked the progress, but have heard that the river is closed in that stretch. One of the reasons we did not paddle that section of river for the clean-up this year.

The looping hole with big bounce below the Union park near Quincy, has been called the Q Wave by some. (Nice one Reed)

I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010   #23
Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Send a message via AIM to troutslayer
We r2'd a raft from Habitat park to below trestle wave and Yes the dam behind the power plant is under construction as we found out yesterday. They are building a new boat chute around the dam. We had to drop it any way due to the bike path being closed and no place to portage. it was about a 4 ft tall drop into a pile of trash. We made it but wouldn't do it again tell the boat ramp is done!! As for trestle wave was pretty big ended up surfing it for a little and had some fun. All in all it was the most exciting trip ive taken down the south platte. But i'm tired of my shit stinking and ready to hit some big clean water.
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010   #24
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Got on trestle yesterday from 2-3pm, Flows were 1900. eddy service was decent, though getting into the wave was bony. river was still smelly, but really, not all that bad. I used to be on my high school rowing team in Pittsburgh, and the Ohio River outside of PGH smelled way worse at times.

i just put in at the skatepark, get some good looks walking back to your car parked there though

b dash rian is offline   Reply With Quote