Old 05-21-2005   #1
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Treasure Canyon

There is a small group of folks going to paddle Treasure Canyon this weekend. If there are a few boaters that would be interested give me a shout.

Here is a link to an article that was published after first being paddled last summer.

or Rick

kayaked56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #2
So, how many people who bitched about the withheld location showed up? And how did it compare to the first descent? Was the tributary runnable? Anything run that wasn't before?

deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #3
Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Originally Posted by deepstroke
So, how many people who bitched about the withheld location showed up?
I'll second that!!
Join up, suckas.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #4
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993

You are we are asking people to go, and not a single person. For as much shit as TG got for keeping things hush hush, there is little or no interest when it comes down to it.

For all those so called "hair" boaters here is your chance. In time this run will become a legend, for now it might remain too much for a weekend warrior. The people that really wanted to paddle this, probably already know the location, beta and difficulty...the people that bitched probably would not paddle this when pushed came to shove.

As for our plans to run TC this weekend, well Thursday is not here yet, but I have alot to complete...Chainsaws, winch, shovels, etc. To make things more daunting, record water levels are making TC into a Class VI funnel. Levels are over 1000 CFS, which our First D last year was half that flow.

So if your thinking your the next Tao, here is your chance. There is a First D on what could be the largest water fall in the state, smack dab in the middle of the run.

34 AKA 56
kayaked56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #5
Ski Patrol
We do seem to have a lack of gnar boaters when it comes down to it. I would be totaly down with checking out that run but with flows near flood stage for the area that I think this run is close to I am willing to let it settle before I even attempt to pull wood out or tidy up in there. Im going to have some fun this week and leave that mission for a bit more reasonable flow.

see ya soon
Mike Hagadorn
DeLiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #6
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
Couple comments regarding this thread .. from me, the king of contraversy ...

1. Totally predictable that there were no takers on the offer.

2. To think that you would be able to do any prep work on this creek right now is silly. Cleaning wood is an exercise best done when the creek is dry, not, uh flooding ... Let the high water work its magic & maybe some of the wood will blow out.

3. Snow. Lots of it.

4. No one's gonna be running that thing at a thousand any time soon, so why waste time going there now?

5. Posting online for creeking partners? Not sure how stoked I'd be to get on wilderness class V with someone that I've never paddled with before. I'm pretty confident in my own abilities most of the time, but how could I trust a team that I met online?

6. That waterfall is 30 ft or less. It's not the biggest waterfall in the state, nor is it the most attractive. I'd wager that once cleaned, there are about 5 people in the state that would seriously consider it. Fewer that would actually drop in. That thing would be a mess with any more water than what I saw in it anyway.

7. TC will be a great option once the flows stabilize.

Just sayin' ...

Hope y'all are having a great spring.

ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote