I love 'The Book of Lists ".I like making lists.We are facing a long off season around here,and have a lot of time to dream of travel and reflect on paddle destinations.I hope this thread. will be an ongoing one that people will resurrect from time to time to add to /discuss /debate /argue about /and use as a reference. Here are three totally subjective lists, roughly but not necessarily in order.
Most Interesting Countries For General Travel
10) tie USA (for non Americans), Brazil, Russia, and Australia
Best Paddling Countries (best /most good river and /or sea paddling)
5) New Zealand
6) Nepal (and adjacent Himalayan areas)
10) Costa Rica
* Russia -China -Brazil, lots but not well developed paddling scene.
Best Whitewater Paddling States in North America
1) British Columbia
4) West (By God) Virginia
9) Washington or Oregon (whichever is better)
10) Chiapas, would be hands down the best if better known and developed for paddling.