Old 07-15-2014   #51
Indian Hills, Colorado
Originally Posted by Myka View Post

Peace and Love
All the best Myka, no insult intended, just a friendly joke. Warm wishes on your path.

DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014   #52
Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
Mike, you've grown up here in a lot of ways. I hope you find happiness and are in a place where it finds you.

Edit, Take care of your Daughter and make sure you are surrounded by those who will do the same. If you are in a bad place, know it effects her. Good luck!!

Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014   #53
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 98
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014   #54
Bozeman, Montana
Just wanted to thank you all again for being outstanding humans. I love you all and I'm excited to see what the future holds.

who wants to go kayaking this weekend?
Old 07-17-2014   #55
185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Big props and hope you sleep easy at night now. Just do what makes you happy and don't waste time with those that don't allow you to.

I still need to come run the Big T and such so hopefully we will boat in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
970-217-21 six six
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014   #56
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005

I think you have probably helped a lot of people think about how they can be more true to themselves, in so many ways!! Everything about your posts seems more upbeat and positive that your former posts and I imagine that's a reflection of how you feel. I will say that I noticed your posts over the last year (many 2) you bounced back and forth between being quite angry (at least that was my take on it) and real loving (peaceful and tolerant). Does that sound accurate? Was that a reflection of how you were feeling with coming to terms with who you are?
Anyway, I'm happy for you and having nothing but respect for your willingness to open yourself up to us, as a group.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
"You know that old trees just grow stronger and old rivers grow wilder, everyday..."
ednaout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014   #57
Bozeman, Montana
I have had trouble dealing with artificial vs nature. With the flood and the Rivers reclaiming them selves on the front range. I see that as a good things in multiple ways. Than to see the kayakers disgruntled about not possibly having the same run. Was a lot of the vs battle I was dealing with internally..

Change is the only constant in the universe.. So for change I viewed as good; others viewed it as bad because the lose of the ability to paddle the stretch they knew was basically like me not living up to my self because of male privilege..

Change is good and it is what life is about. to not accept that change was brining out my own anger on my issue because I was treating myself wrong. Just my point of view on that subject. It hasn't been easy dealing with all the feeling brought on by the shame let alone the artificiality of the situation I was put into by society.

I did get a bit worked up but I haven't changed my mind about what I believe should be done and not done with the rivers.. I don't think a massive river reconstruction would be feasible but I see the beautiful in turning a dump into something beautiful; that's why I was for whitewater park. I remember saying something about that back than.. A lot of it has to do with my internal battle between artificial vs nature.
Old 07-17-2014   #58
Denver, Colorado
Brave Myka.
I am also quite proud of you buzzards after reading all 6 pages.
"I think I handled my alcohol pretty well considering how drunk I was." -Cousin Dan
Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014   #59
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Best of luck Myka! Glad to hear you made it through those struggles, and I'm glad to see the Buzz is an accepting place.
benpetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014   #60
Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Goodbye Mike and hello Myka!

I have to say that I'm very impressed with your openness and feel honored that you are sharing what must be an incredibly powerful and difficult transition with us Buzzards. In the past found myself always reading Mike's posts despite getting consistently twitterpated by what he had to say, and I look forward to reading more about your adventures in life and boating as Myka. Your posts so far have been night and day.
I hope to see you on the river sometime too!

-Τὸ χόβερκράφτ μου εἶναι γεμᾶτο χέλια!
bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote