Old 07-14-2014   #31
Boof like a Utard.
Moab, Utah
Paddling Since: 1995

Love to you. So sorry for all the pain you have endured for so long, and so happy to see it is ending. It takes incredible courage to honestly challenge your ego. I'm glad you chose life and I hope to boat with you somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

kennyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #32
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 98
I owe a lot of thanks to you Jen for being an awesome person everyday you made me feel safe to open to you than it started really happening. Luv you girl

Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #33
Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I still feel honored that you felt comfortable enough to open up the real you to me, love you back lady
Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. - Voltaire
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #34
cedar city, Utah
I hope you continue to find friends and community that support and embrace you! Great to see someone have the courage and vulnerability to open up to an online community that way (and watch the Buzz step up with immense compassion). Sincerely, bravo.

My wife works with teenagers and had her first student come out at transitioning. She is doing her best to advocate for the student and create policy that is healthy for him but is getting some resistance from coworkers and her boss. Its refreshing to see a community just embrace someone like this. Hoping to see more places like this were people can survive and thrive.

Best of luck Myka.

restrac2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #35
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
That demonstrated a lot of courage. Having also grown up in Casper, I've witnessed the kind of ugliness you've described toward anyone who doesn't fit the heterosexual, cisgender expectation. I wish you lots of happiness and satisfaction in your transition.

I also have really enjoyed your videos and look forward to more in the future.
xena13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #36
Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1990
Life is not what it seems. Fascinating narrative! Trans-formative on so many levels. The Buzz will never be the same. Inspirational- best wishes to you.
d.e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #37
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
There have been many storylines that have come and gone on the buzz. Many characters, heros, villians, and innocent bystanders. There have some epics to tell of many different stories, (Bout Lost My Life, Sandbagging, Chunderboy, etc) and I think the Saga of Caspermike is as worthy as any other to be called one of the best around.

Thanks for the courage to stand up and start this conversation. My respect for you is immense. You could have very easily stayed away and not said a word but the fact you chose to come back and address some things is a very brave thing to do and I think you have shown your measure as a human to be quite high. I hope the next chapter in your life is as amazing as it can be. Best of luck in everything you do!
"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #38
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Man, I'd long ago ignored your posts figuring you had some mental imbalance issues going on that lead to all the aggression. I didn't suspect this, but I'm down with it. We could use some more kayaker diversity.

With all sincerity, I think it's truly admirable that you're taking this step and I imagine trying to suppress this your entire life has been a difficult and traumatic ordeal. Coming out privately and publicly shows some real strength of character and bodes well I think, for your ability to be a role model for your daughter. I imagine Montana may not be the most open minded place for this sort of thing (maybe I'm wrong?), but as you can see here, there are a lot of people in the world who do understand and respect who you are. Best of luck on the road ahead.

P.S. I'm thinking there's potential here for some pretty sick Tits Deep episodes.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #39
Golden, Colorado
I wish you best of luck figuring it all out, Myka. I know it can't be easy. But it seems like you are on the right path. That was some serious courage opening up like this on the Buzz. It doesn't matter if you're man, woman, transgender, whatever as long as you find comfort and strength in yourself. You need to be there for your daughter and you will find love that you never could have imagined.

So I do have a couple questions since you offered. Feel free to ignore any or all of them. I don't need answers, but since I have never met someone who was this open about it, I am curious and it would help me relate to people who are experiencing similar things as you. Are you married? What does your wife think? I get from your posts that you are attracted to women and not men? If so, do you consider yourself lesbian or is it some completely different classification?

Stay strong,
blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #40
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Alright thought of an obnoxious question...this is still Mountainbuzz right?...bear in mind that this is the former Caspermike who never hesitated to talk shit to anyone,that I have already expressed my truly supportive position,and that it is really a shot at Wyo more than here goes:
Does this mean you don't fuck sheep anymore?

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote