Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 08-24-2008   #11
Brent Reddon

I believe the short boat winner was not Brett Redding, but The Man, The Myth, The Legend, Brent Reddon. Eagle County Representin'.

craporadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #12
Breckenridge, Colorado
Eagle County Representin'.

I didnt want to get into this but now I have to. I dont know if I know you or not, but if you are going to talk the talk for your fellow eagle county boater get the facts straight. Now that you got Brent's name right, realize that he is a GREAT boater but actually took 2nd in the 8'1'' -10' division. A Jefe Grande is not 8 or under. Brian Kirk won the short boat division. Period...sorry eagle county.

freeheelintodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #13
dropzone, Colorado
how does a grande even get listed as 8 and under? not even close.
ACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #14
Originally Posted by Tim Kennedy View Post
Full results are up on www.gorecanyon.com. The times are correct. However, some of the classifications may not be. A couple of folks weren't too sure how long their boats were. Since it was on the honor system, I don't think that the organizers at registration got boat make and model info from the racers to verify.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who participated, volunteered, and spectated. It was a great day.

BTW, Ken was paddling a pristine Phoenix Savage kayak. Faster than a Slipper but not as fast as the Cascade. It was manufactured by Phoenix Kayaks in Kentucky, no relation to Savage Designs that Corran Addison was involved with. Google Phoenix Kayaks to find out more. They are still producing some designs under the company name of Pokeboats or something. They are a bit more expensive now than in 1989 when I bought a brand new Slipper for $450.00. There are still a few mint condition Phoenix boats lurking around the garages and sheds of the midwest.

wow....a Phoenix Savage. Haven't heard that name in a long time. For any who remember the old sckool boats....the Savage was similar to the even older Lettman Mark IV (or was it Mark V?) that was a "slalom" boat from the early days.

tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote