Old 02-23-2015   #11
Bazzaro, World
Paddling Since: 2020
Originally Posted by Blade&Shaft View Post
This is some real quality and wonderfully misleading beta! So far all I am sure about is that I'll get blacked out at the rodeo. As for the river info, guess I'll just sack up and run the NF while my buddies hold my beer and take pictures.

The last 5 mile of the NFP are not really that bad. Check them out when you come over.

But don't black out until after the down hill cooler race at the rodeo! You don't want to miss that! That's a class 5 drop with serious injury potential!!

Bound is boatless man
dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015   #12
Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
The cooler race is truly epic, Class V+ for sure. Seeing that the rodeo is on the front-end of our trip, I may skip the broken collarbone and simply spectate. But then again... if I won... the ladies might love me long time, and I can think of few things better than gettin lucky in Riggins....

Blade&Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015   #13
BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
Originally Posted by dirtbagkayaker View Post
You should go check things out for yourself before offering up what you have read! Or "think" you know. Or heard from a friend of the guy who ran shuttle for you. Just a thought.
I plan to get on the SF and with some luck I'll get on Lolo as well. It's internet beta and I'd rather err on the side of caution. Also, as I mixed up 2 runs which drastically changes the interpretation of your first post. I defer to those that have done. Happy?
The sunshine walked beside her
glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015   #14
Post Falls, Idaho
DBK sighting at 2:20.
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015   #15
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Murtaugh is big fun if you hit it right. Yankee Fork is a nice short run to lap a couple times near Stanley. Marsh Creek and Bear Valley are fun class 3+ near Stanley as well.

The East Fork of the South Salmon is pretty fun. Some very class five sections and some 3-4 in between. Just damn beautiful up there. The Canyon of the SF Payette is on the best day trips as you may already know. Have a blast. Bring lots of money. Leave it all here.

carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote