Old 10-03-2009   #21
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 06
I have a pretty expensive paddle and it doesn't help me out at all, I still look like a douche next to you wether you have a paddle or not.

Glad you are enjoying the fresh air agian buddy, see you soon...

I've never boated before, but I have posted a lot on Mountain Buzz!
rg5hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #22
4CRS, Durango, Colorado
I just want to thank you all for all your continued support and good thoughts you are sending out to my darling little one handed wonder will be back in action soon and will be back in the river and on the trails soon. We have had so much support and love come our way it is unbelievable. Luke Hanson, I have to say, was a pillar of strength for me that first week and showed what a strong man and good friend he is. Props to him and I know he will be fashioning some kind of rigged up paddle deal for T!
Thank you to EVERYONE in the paddling (and non-paddling community!) for all their support and especially to Andy Corra at Four Corners for his continued support throughout this.
We are very lucky to have all of you there with us every step of the way.
Tonys wife-

TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #23
bc, CA
Paddling Since: 2007
I have a friend who worked for the rail road and lost his hand in a freak accident. He has used TRS prosthetics and is back to everything again. Better than most of us! It really would be worth looking into. Best of Luck! I am sure you will be out there loving the river again soon.
Canoeing/Kayaking | TRS Inc. - Prosthetics Research, Design & Manufacturing
brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #24
Hey Tone,

Looking forward to seeing you and getting back on the water. Looking to help in any way. That paddle I broke last year snapped at the bend for the right hand. I'd be honored if it could be a prototype for your new set up. Brennen has it now. He was going to glass it up but I hear that takes a few years so I think you and the engineer types should start playing w/ it.

Lisa and I would love to help out however you guys might need. Dinner, drinking heavily, you name it.

Keep Rocking.

PARKER is offline   Reply With Quote