Old 10-19-2009   #11
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003

pretty sure i paddled with you last year at gauley season when you and other durango homies were out in fayetteville for a week or so. maybe you remember racing that honda on the local airstrip? anyway, very sorry to hear about your accident, but it seems like you are making quite the recovery with a strong attitude. hope to see you on the water in the spring.

casey tango

tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #12
Asheville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 98
Hey Tony,

Glad to see that you are making such swift progress. I have missed chatting with you on the phone the past few weeks. Its awesome to see your positive attitude to overcome the challenges. Hope to catch up with ya soon...oh, and can't wait to get Vallecito with you some day soon!

Witness Buoyancy News as it Develops:
bowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #13
4CRS, Durango, Colorado

Thank you, Bryan, Casey, Chris, Art, Jerry, and everyone, I really do appreciate all the support. I start physical therapy this week and although I know its going to be painful I am looking forward to getting some movement back and gaining strength in my right arm and shoulder, my arm currently looks like a tooth pick. I had a Dr. appt yesterday and am back up to 170 lbs. ( i was 180 before the accident and got dowm to 158 during my hospital stay/surgeries) so i am gaing some strength back. My blood count is still low so i get tired easily but that too is getting better. My stump is still pretty ulgy to look at but it is healing well, no infection. Thanks again to everyone for the support. Tony Miely

And yes Tango, That was me racing the honda up and down the Fayetteville Airstrip. As I said, many people are amazed that this is my first amputation.

Casey, have fun in Ecuador, its sweet. I spent a month there a few years back and loved it.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009   #14
Gooday there

Hey Tony,

I didnt get a chance to see you after the accident passing back through town. Wanted to say that brother John Wade and I were thinkin about you man, during your hospital time. Also wanted to give you some props on all the help you extended to me this spring to make some of my boating missions possible. Whether or not you are aware, you were also instrumental in starting out my creeking career by way of selling me my first creeker, an awesome Pyranha H3. So right on with the benefit coming up, hope to make it, and good luck with everything. Ill see you at some point.

Take Care,
Wes D.
pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #15
4CRS, Durango, Colorado
New Hand on Monday

Thanks Wes, i appreciate the props. I am headed to Denver on Monday to pick up my 1st prototype prosthetic. I am super excited for this as it is going to allow me to do some flatwater paddling, biking and backcountry. Up until now I have not been able to hold anything, its going to be a big change paddling as i am going to have to learn to paddle with a left hand control. I also posted more pics of my healing stump on the blog Tony Miely Support and Info if ya wanna check out what i am dealing with. I will get some pics of the new hand up as soon as i get it. Tony

TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote