Old 08-15-2006   #1
Todd G wins vacation to hell

Their movie was well done but the party was probably the worst ever. Finally the guy who must spend every waking hour looking at Mountainbuzz will realize just how overrated slides are. Congrats

craporadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006   #2
Leadvillian, Colorado
Can you say, "poor sport." Wouldn't a congratulations have been good enough?

I don't know Todd or Shane very well but from what I do know they will be awesome candidates for the vaca from hell.

If I had been tooled as bad as you were over your ridiculous comment concerning slides I certainly wouldn't continue to bring it up.

Congratulations Seattle crew and may your trip be more heaven than hell.

Oh yeah, and thanks to John and Kara Weld and all the crew at Immersion Research for bringing such a cool concept to life and supporting grassroots kayaking.

Matt J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006   #3
Leadvillian, Colorado
BTW - If you're interested in more information about the "Vacation from Hell" grant or the team that won it you can find them at

Since I'm sitting in Asheville right now I guess I'll go back to crossing my fingers that the hydrogods over at Tuxedo will turn the switch on the Narrows tomorrow morning or it will continue to rain so that maybe I can go slide down one of those ridiculously lame slides that haunt this region.
Matt J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006   #4
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Congrats TG and crew. Should be fun to get dropped into some shit paid for once. Just paddled with casey on the nf of the payette and told him I thought you folks had it in the bag. Hope the wing holds up for you. Be safe

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006   #5
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
youre just jealous youre nowhere near the man that todd g (or anyone on that posse) is. sick job you guys, have fun in peru! cant wait to see the TRL post about it!
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006   #6
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
hey craporadon, you seem like you might be a "mathlete" .. so, just wonderin', have you heard of John Gabriel's GIF Theory? (<-- go ahead, clickit) do the math.

to the well-wishers, thank you. seriously. we're honored & humbled. & maybe a little bit scared too.
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006   #7
Golden, Colorado
craporadon is really not a anonymous poster anymore since he's been outed on youtube and google video for a while now...

bkp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006   #8
Poison Slingin'
Congrats Todd, Shane and crew. I was pulling for you all along and was stoked to here you got it. Can't wait to here how it all goes down for you. Be safe.

-Chad Hixon
chixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006   #9
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
First off... that vid clip is one of the most mutated and totally hilarious things I have ever seen...

But getting to the topic at hand. Todd, first off you are a great guy that is super accomplished and I wish you the best. That whole group is a great selection and I know you are going to do great. From what I just heard from my buddy who has been in the area many times, there is a big danger of falling rock due to the geology. One of the main dangers is sleeping on the banks at night, as rocks are constantly breaking off and rolling down. Pick your camp spots w/ that in mind...

Just be sure to stay safe.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006   #10
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
That video is some bizarre shit...

ToddG - Congrats! I remember watching you, Aaron and Jeremy run the bottom drops on 11 mile canyon and at that time I wished I'd gotten into kayaking sooner in my life. That was years ago and you've been crankin' ever since. This honor is much deserved, I'm sure. Thanks for letting some of us desk junkies live vicariously through you.

TimWalker is offline   Reply With Quote