Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 07-12-2005   #11
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Cool - this is anarchy at work!

Thanks Duckygrl and Count if y'all can get this done! ...and if it'll help motivate someone with a truck...remember that the Summit Co. dump has an awesome view - if you haven't been there, this will be a great time to check it out!

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #12
I have a truck, and im also willing to chip in for the cost of disposing the fridge. Im off on friday if any one wants to go up?

zaphoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #13
hey - dont you be moving my fridge! I have to have somewhere to keep my ketchup, bologna and Schlitz - I was thinking of bringing my bigscreen and my sofa over there too -
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005   #14
over, all
Paddling Since: 1995
I live over at the summit county dump and Im sick and $%^#%'n tired of you kayakers dumping fridges and other large appliances in my backyard. That crap ruins the view. I left it there for a reason god dammit.
brooks8970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #15
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
It turns out you have to have somebody come and empty the freon out of the fridge and dispose of it properly before you take it to Summit Recycling. I am working on getting a guy to do this and I think he'll give us a deal. I'll get back when he tells me what day he will come and do this (and how much it will cost) so we can then haul it to the recycling center. Anyone been down there lately? Just wanted to make sure it was still there so we don't go wasting people's time just to find it gone.
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #16
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT

I got a hold of Jimbo at Jimbo's Appliance in Kremmling. He came to the take-out last night and cleaned out the freon and took the fridge away to be properly recycled and disposed of. Not only this, but he did it all for free! I sent him an e-mail thanking him for his help and generosity. It would be great if some other people would drop him a line, too. His e-mail is: jimbosappliance@hotmail.com. And if anyone needs some work done or some new appliances, I highly recommend Jimbo's Appliance in Kremmling.

COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #17
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998

I am certainly going to email Jimbo to thank him for that, but I also just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you as well for being proactive and finding a very successful way to take care of the situation, and for providing a great example of an innovative way to inexpensively improve our beautiful resources. We should all be so proactive; it would go along way toward improving relations, river access issues, water quality, safety, litter--all kinds of things

One thing I do (and DanOrion, too--gotta give credit where due) and everyone can easily do is take 5-10 min. to pick up trash at the put-ins and take-outs--it's easy and a very visable way to encourage others to do the same (and non-confrontational way to discourage littering, too!).

Now, if I could just figure out a way for someone to leave their kayak in MY refridgerator... that was damn funny!

Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote