Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 05-14-2006   #1
California Canoe and Kayak Oakland California
Send a message via MSN to Parkito
Three Rivers Memorial Weekend Summer Gear Swap!

Three Rivers Resort and Paddle Shop in Almont, Colorado will be hosting a Summer Gear Swap on Saturday, May 27, 2006. We will be excepting all summer sporting goods including bikes, kayaks, climbing, and backpacking gear. Gear drop off will be on Friday, May 26, from 8 am till 6 pm. The swap will start at 9 am on Saturday and go till 6 pm. A 10% commision will be taken on all gear sold and donated to the Gunnison Valley Paddle Club. If you have any questions call toll free at 1-888-761-3474. Stop on your way to OBJ!

Matt Parker
Three Rivers Paddle Shop Manager

Parkito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006   #2
Crested Butte Creek Report

Here's a little creek report for those coming to the valley this weekend.

The East has a log in the first sister, The first of three ledge drops after the slidey little waterfall after midget wrestler. Make sure you go right or its dishes.

Slate is clean from what I have heard

OBJ is clean from top to bottom, no stops.

Daisy is getting there

Taylor is running great!

Stop by the swap on your way up to creek, Cottonwood may be open but as of today not yet.

Matt Parker

Old 05-25-2006   #3
Im headed up to tincup on saturday to do some fishing and will stop in. Need more gear? Think I can sell my Prion Delerious (real slicey almost like an XXX)? I just need enough to get a new PFD.
onebakedpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #4
There is going to be a lot of great boats available under $300 for people looking to get into the sport. I will also have a couple of nice demos and new boats that are a one to a couple of years old for around $500-$600.
Old 05-25-2006   #5
Checked out the gear availiabe today. Lots of good stuff and many quality things for really cheep. Great for the first time paddler who doesn't want to throw huge chunks of cash right away.

Saw used paddles and helmets for $10-20 and high quality boats for about 1/4 of the price they were new just 2 years ago with out much wear.

If you are in the area and have gear to spare go on over to 3 Rivers and let someone buy it instead of taking up space in your garage.

All day Saturday and Sunday... I heard even open late on Sunday maybe 8 pm??

Osgood is offline   Reply With Quote