Old 09-28-2010   #1
Ashland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1999
This year, Gauley is a Little Diff. Part II

Freedom is often taken for granted we the people are able to move about in this country and explore the possibilities of what we can do and learn what it is we're are here for. I guess this is the meaning of life: to ask questions.
The river is going to release tomorrow and the campground I am staying at is piling up with cars showing plates from all over the country. There are more species of bugs here than anywhere in the world and I learned if you smear a firefly on your friends clothes, they glow for a few seconds. Last night, I witnessed a naked man at the bar Iím working at get chased by a naked woman. The details are a bit hazy after the Jager-bombs but the memory is clear. I laughed harder than I have ever before in my life
We spent the day at Summersville Lake floating on logs and climbing the cliffs that jut straight from the waterís edge. The water was such a perfect temperature as was the company. It is amazing being on the road for many reasons. Perhaps the best aspect is the people you meet while travelling. Granted, I have been patroning ski resorts and whitewater destinations so I run into a bunch of the same crowd. We are all like the lost boys with a common wish. We love the feeling of flying and strengthen our bodies so we can get that rush.
I am going to play harder on the river tomorrow than ever before. I have trained my body with exercise and a balanced diet, prepared my mind with conversation and company, and finally dried my booties out. The dollar store here sells sardines for 60 cents and I usually eat three or four cans while on the water. I wonder how many calories I burn while dodging undercuts and chasing swimmers from rafts.
The restaurant I am working in is feeling better and better every day however, it is far from where it could be. The owner is a bright and talented woman with as much optimism as a Muppet. It is a real pleasure working for her. The establishment is in its first year of operation and we are working tirelessly to make service smoother than ever. The hardest part for me is speaking softly while literally following the other cooks around the kitchen with a towel and a broom. Carelessness for hygiene antagonizes my sense of spirit but teaching quells the soul. I have found a balance in myself while cleaning up after the hurricanes of WV and can find peace in the dish pit (even though itís a 3 sink with a max water pressure of 2lbs).
I love the crickets and the frogs at night here. I love the cool evenings and the smell of burning elm. Excitement is in the air as campers chit-chat about past-river experiences and await the morning where they will experience the Gauley for the first time. Tomorrow the water will come; I will play hard and stay sober for my skills are needed here in the real world. Thank you WV for providing me with play, leisure and opportunity in the land where indifference is the difference. Xoxo c y-all on the water.

echohollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010   #2
paintsville, Kentucky
nice!!! echo much better than your last thread!!! glad to see your finally coming around!!! we knew you would see it our way!!!

sam.williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010   #3
sh$t show voyeuor/host
Barnard(Marshall), North Carolina
Paddling Since: wen?
What is this? Why do you post journal entries on the Buzz? Were you an english major? I give it a C- for a feigned lack of originality, insight and wisedom. I do agree though that it is much less juvenile than the last thread. Are you hoping for a book deal or just for buzzards to say "wow that guy is worldly and sophistocated, I wonder if he'll show me around Aspen this winter!" Sorry nothing personal Echo, it's just that your last post was so ignorant that it is hard not to talk trash about it or the current literary mental masturbation. Actually I'm just bored. Really, it was good. You should enter it in an essay contest, or maybe submit it to NPR for this american life.
matt cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010   #4
Mesa, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1993
Originally Posted by echohollow View Post
The restaurant I am working in is feeling better and better every day however, it is far from where it could be. The owner is a bright and talented woman with as much optimism as a Muppet. It is a real pleasure .....
Awesome,....which muppet?
Whether U Think U Can, or Think U Can't; U R Right!
scooby450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010   #5
WTF? If this is your idea of mental masturbation you'd better switch hands.

A confession should reveal something hidden - and possibly deep or meaningful. This is an uninteresting diary entry that shows nothing except poor writing skills. At least your first soliloquy told volumes about what seems to be your true perspective on the world. One that is completely lacking in compassion for the daily struggle of humanity (away from the comforts of the Aspen ski area). For your next diary entry, why don't you at least make it interesting and talk about that monster boof you busted out.

p.s. I didn't know that Jager-bombs were part of a balanced athletic diet?
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #6
Ashland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1999
Stop constantly looking for the latest thread to talk shit on. If you havent been in your boat in the past month there is no excuse. I know its futile, and you probably will never understand why I do what I do because you're probably only a fair weather boater who can't even roll offside and haven't the foggiest idea how you can get out of your shit-can cubicle in Denver. Life is about experience you litttle bitch and clearly you have none.
So Im glad you read my entries. Im glad you have the time in your pointless day to reply with mispellings and incoheriencies. It makes me happy to know that while im creeking the Meadow tomorrow, your wanna-be/poser self is still mastrubating in your 9-5 office bathroom and maybe, just maybe wont get off today because you realize how bad you really have it.
echohollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #7
I love it. Haven't posted (shit-talked) in years. The buzz still has some fire! Enjoy the Meadow. I'll be hitting Bailey at a rare fall-flow of 450 (if it stays up....).
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #8
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
i make enjoyment of peace from your first postblog. not reading those other ones of more negative nancy type.

your reply to shittalkrastabaileyrunner was fire and unpeace.

maybe you guys like each other long time.

needing privates room perhaps.

make boating upon you both.
fall is god.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #9
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Clearly a troll, MR missspelllller.
I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #10
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
the meadow is cranking at 31 cfs right now dude. go get that shit.

tango is offline   Reply With Quote