Old 02-27-2008   #21
Cody, Wyoming
I lost also!!!!! succckkkk..............

COLDFEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #22
Rich, thanks for your help. But I've read the rules 100 times, and I still don't understand why I only get 5 points for being on the old waitlist since 2001. It seems to me that 2008-2001=7 extra points from the old system. If I can't at least get a point for every year, how about triple my reduced points.

jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #23
Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
Originally Posted by therivertheriver View Post
Count me in, every group needs a dirty Jew. Just leave that thief "the puker" behind!
Wanted: Topless "loose hippy biatches" for the ride of their life; 14 ft of frothy heaven!

Oooooo! Sick burn
Devils advocate
gapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #24
Hi Jennifer,

There must be something about your situation that particularizes it. I'd suggest giving the River Office (800-959-9164 ) a call and asking for clarification on how the new rules apply to you.

richp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #25
C. Springs, Colorado
I always enjoy your words of wisdom, Rich. I sure don't see why we can't get a little more use for us in the non commercial season when they are putting on so much use in their short season. A launch or two more a day in their off season would go huge for us private boaters. We might not even need a lottery and could look at a call in system like Westwater. Just a thought.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #26
no tengo
Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
derk what date(s) did you apply for? i think that makes a HUGE difference in odds - much more so than your points since i hardly had any and got first lottery win.
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #27
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
Gotta admit I'm stoked on the new system. It's only my second time applying and I'll be going for a second time. Dont hate, dont hate. I've been waiting for this for 15 or so years, I just never applied before b/c it was a huge clusterfuk. I like the lottery system. It's the commercials we gotta hate

And dates applied for is HuDge. Gotta go off season.
Your opinion doesn't matter when you're already biased.
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #28
Palisade, Colorado
10 chances...nothing...feeling blue myself, like I've been bad or something...nice to know I'm not alone, but I am drinking alone tonight...

download and look at the stats:
looks like most summer trips were taken by folks w/5 chances(probably first timers?)...I wonder if we'll see more winners w/fewer chances as those folks with mucho chances get their trips...and how does one get 44 chances? am I reading things wrong? gasp! IS rigged!!!
peak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #29
Send a message via ICQ to northfwestg

fuckem all, just show up and run it patriot act stylee
northfwestg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #30
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
Yeah, I know season is a big deal. Unfortunately, I have this unmoving and unforgiving commitment for 9 months of the year and can't make it happen during Christmas because the resorts (business my family is in) is on a 110% schedule. So, yeah, I guess the dates I'm looking for are popular, but still, 5 years on the waitlist, and 3 years with 10 chances each year and nothing? And just like Jennifer says, the resentment only grows every year. I was cool with it for the first 5, realized the points system wasn't a guarantee so I was okay with years 6 and 7. But year 8, now with 3x10=30 chances, and I'm getting irked.

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote