Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 03-23-2007   #11
Indian Hills, Colorado
Check out up 285 in Conifer area, there's still some affordable houses with land and you can easily commute to the city for work (45 minutes). For boating, you have foxton and waterton canyon 15-20 minutes away, baily 30 minutes, clear creek 30 minutes and less than two hours to the Ark.

Then again, the republican ww park is gonna be sweet.

DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #12
Well now that you have had the full buzz treatment. I'll tell you most likely the reason for lack of good info is"Good paddling and good job selection" in the same sentance. The bottom line is most of the good jobs White Collar wise are in the front range. The Oil industry in the Junction ,Montrose area is in need of people. Otherwise can you say Service Industry. Golden and Conifer are good answers. But in a nut shell. Do you want a career and to play on the weekends? Or Play all the time and do what it takes to get by somewere like the Boat? Good luck . sj

sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #13
Put Steamboat on your "to check out" list. Two purpose built play spots, and a bevy of creeks running right into town. A solid community and a world class ski area (Ski Town USA, baby). Also, home of "Paddling Life" (suup eug, jc and nasty nick) However, if youre just another shit talking east coast poser w insecurity issues and a tendency to lie about the things youve done, dont bother. Our quota is full. In fact, the only place a person like that can go and not get caught is boulder, which is full of 'em.
Yampaboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #14
OK. So you hadn't got the full Buzz treatment. 303 vs 970 chose wisely Grasshopper chose wisely. sj
sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #15
I would have to say Durango for the place to be!
mrlaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #16
Hi Kat,

Don't make the mistake I did!

I really wanted to move to the Boulder area when I got here 3 years ago. I considered Louisville, Lyons, and surrounding areas. But then nixed the idea of moving there "Too expensive" was my reasoning.

So, I moved to Colorado Springs, cheaper cost of living. Two years later, unable to find a job down there, I needed to move up to Denver for one.

So... I say I should've followed my heart; I probably would've found something in Boulder area! But I didn't. I hope you do though - or consider it anyway. Life isn't too logical. If it were, why paddle?

You might just want to come here and explore the towns and see what you like. There's water and snow everywhere or within a reasonable drive...

Best to you!

Originally Posted by tellicotadpoles View Post
Looking for great paddling. Good job selections, Not too expensive living, preferring a smaller town. Any suggestions would be great.

anne_colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #17
C. Springs, Colorado
If your a cute girl......I'd suggest Aspen.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #18
The next zone, .
#1. Stay as far away from the front range as you can. You will thank yourself later.

#2 Aspen like dan said - but if you could live here you probably already do.

#3 Durango - sweet place - great people - waaayyy from the front range.

#4 I hate to say it but BV - I hear they are lookin for prosion guards.
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #19
placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
I agree with stay away from the front range. aspen area is nice but way pricey and lots of traffic up and down valley. crested butte is great, so is the telluride area.
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #20
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
Telluride's awesome but super-pricey and hard to get into the job and housing market. Durango is probably the best option in that area. BV/Salida is a great area that's affordable and not too bad to find a job, depending on what you're looking for. Summit's a great area but the cost of living is very high. There are lots of jobs but a lot of them are seasonal. You can also find affordable living just outside of cool areas like Aspen, Vail, Steamboat, etc. (i.e. Basalt, outer Eagle/Minturn, outskirts of Routt). A good option for affordable living with a good job market that's still a reasonable daily commute away.

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote