Old 12-03-2008   #1
Mad Scientist/Creeker
Things I Am Thankful For...

1. My healthy baby girl Kaija. She is a rockstar and already loves to hang out in daddy's kayak.

2. That I won a very serious wager with Lotsawater... and that he is now proudly sporting an Obamastache or Mustasha de Obama in Ecuador. Uh, gross!

3. That when I got married to my beautiful wife (whom I am also thankful for), we did not have a website and more importantly we did not leave it up for 2 months after our wedding for the buzz community to investigate, a la Mr. Embertson...

Happy Holidays Everybody! What have you got to be thankful for?

Evan Stafford
Cub boater: "What do the spiders mean?" Old fart boater: "Trust your intuition." CRCII
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #2
I'm thankful for Sam,

And his new brother, Evan.

Both shredders already......

Like the name Stafford?

Smokey Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #3
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
I am thankful for the crazy things Kaden tells me that remind me that I don't know anything about the world.

On fears in the dark, "Just because the water heater makes noise in the wall doesn't mean there aren't also goblins living in there."

On not roughhousing, "Hugging you hard enough to knock you over is not horseplay, it means I love you."

On seeing cardboard sign holders in front of Walmart, “we should give them some of our food, like the broccoli, so they won’t be hungry.”
On why I didn’t want another piece of pumpkin pie, “I don’t want you to weigh 300 lbs, ‘cuz then you’d be fat, and you would feel sick all the time.”
On what he wants for Christmas, "Ummm...I choose… rafting."
TakemetotheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #4
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
On a boating note I am thankful for/to...

1) Kara Lamb for great updates on flows for the Big Thompson and the Blue/Colorado. It was a fantastic Gore / Big T season and timely updates from Kara helped plan things out. Yeehaw!

2) Jim McFall, the guy who runs long draw res and holds the keys to late season runs on the Big South. Jim's flow info helped plan trips to the Big South, and also helped avoid the 5 hr round trip skunk drive when the flows went down.

Thanks Jim and Kara!

Also, thankful for no major injuries this year on the water other than a bloody nose from a paddle to the face.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #5
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
Cute pic, wrangler. Looks like shes layin some doodoo butter in that remix i wanted to borrow.

I hope lotsa uses that pic for his avatar. Rich.

I'm thankful for the usual except my twin brother, friends, rivers, my toys, modern science and the 1985 Bears.
Your opinion doesn't matter when you're already biased.
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #6
Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I'm thankful that in 08 I got in 3 great trips. The Salt at 2500, Middle Fork Salmon at 6 ft and the Grand at a constant 12.5K.

With all the great water in Colorado, the bummer was that due to a major home remodel, of which I did a majority of the work, I never once made it onto a local river.

I'm also thankful for a great wife and 2 great kids, but unlike some of you that have posted on this thread, my kids are 24 and 20.
rwhyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #7
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I'm thankful for the Friday late night visits from Flowtorches' and Dingles Mom. I wouldn't be able to handle rough weeks ahead without blowing off a little "steam."

No really, I'm thankful to be healthy and have great family and friends!
DanRauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #8
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
im thankful for one thing....the man, the myth, the legend himself:

my life is not complete without him telling me how un-rad i am compared to him
"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #9
steamboat, Colorado
c hole

other people who go to c hole
latenightjoneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #10
Mad Scientist/Creeker
Congratulations Smokey! Excellent name choice and yes the name will help with the shredding... I am sure of it. In about 10 years there is going to be a huge flock of mini-rippers... adults beware. Smokey we need to talk. I got some ideas for you. PM your number. I tried all the ones I've got and there either Paddler or out of service.

Evan Stafford
Cub boater: "What do the spiders mean?" Old fart boater: "Trust your intuition." CRCII
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote