Old 08-23-2005   #31
Fort Collins/GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995

Newby, you poked fun at my ethnicity, in return, I poked fun at your gender, whew! that's a lot of poking, I need a cigarette. I knew you would cool enough to not take it too seriously, now hand over the pics!
And good on ya for running double upside down. I have spent time in that drop upside down as well, good stuff.
I will send back some very worth while stuff.

back to Gore: Fuck the BLM, they stole my river knife!

adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005   #32
Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Thanks to all for a great weekend. BLM stats requested.

I want to thank everyone who helped out at the beer tent as well as Mark and everyone else who spent so much time organizing the event. I had a blast and we raised a lot of money for the club. Although I completely support the intent of BLM and the sherrif's dept., I agree that the presence was excessive and somewhat hostile at times. I am sure this will be worked out before next year. I hope that everyone understands that the local BLM Rangers were "augmented" with outside help. I think a lot of the problem stemmed from the Rangers and Officers from other areas not understanding the type of people they were dealing with. I hope that we proved to them we can get together and party peacefully without their expected conflicts. I know there were several tickets issued for beer outside of the beer garden. Does anyone have any official stats on how many tickets, arrests, conflicts, etc. there were during the weekend? Also, did anyone have any situations involving drug-sniffing dogs or somwhat questionable searches? I've heard a few rumors that are a little disturbing. Any info would be great.

kclowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #33
Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Your "ethnicity"?
Unless the 'ethicity' you speak of is a pedigree in PERVERT, I'm not certain I know what you're talking about!! LOL

newby0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #34
Buena Vista/Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Dangerous advice

Hey hey, good stuff, you guys have been making me laugh. Okay, but here is something to add to the original discussion. Mark, you might want to caution the rangers about giving boaters advice on boating. At the put-in, besides being harassed on how much time I had left to get on the river, one ranger actually told me to "Get on the water, keep paddling, and don't stop paddling, keep going, don't stop!" Hmm, i thought, sounds like dangerous advice to give boaters on a class 5 river they are unfamiliar with. Now some of course know Gore well enough to do that, but many don't. Its sounded like horribly ignorant instructions to give to boaters, they should keep their mouths shut about stuff like that. We're boaters, and to be on Gore, we're practically experts, this is our event, not theirs. I appreciate what they were there to do, keep people off the tracks, but they should stick to that specific job, and otherwise stay out of the way, and out of the picture.
justsammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #35
Fort Collins/GWS, Colorado

I was eluding to your shot at us 'wimpy' (class III swimmin) Colorado boaters. Since I am from Colorado, that is my ethnicity so to speak. Lets not forget who perverted this thread in the first place (that'd be you, perversion instigator), I was just playing along. Still need that cigarette.

Back to Gore, uh sweet advice, 'just keep paddling, dont stop till ya get to that stagnant poisoned dirt pond we milsleadingly named lake powell, you can stop there and join us for a shit sandwich and some good ol motor boatin' who the fuck are these BLM guys? They are like a cross between the CIA nitwit that couldn't pass the IQ test and some cop that got demoted to school crossings. Tax dollars at work!

I will post the footage I have of Todd G getting BUSTED! Pretty funny. I was shooting the whole thing (Sunday Morning - Todd broke out the motorcycle for a ride for jesus) and then a posse of BLEMS came up and told me to stop shooting:

BLEM: 'You gettin some good shots?'

BLEM (in my face this time) 'That's probably enough'

ME: 'Fuck you, I have rights bitch, and the rest of the world wants to know whats going on here, all the injustice and bullshit you guys are tossing around at our expense!'

Well I didnt say that exactly but, I did shut the camera off and walk away and then they stole my fucking river knife.

I will post that shit here soon (a quicktime).
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #36
Snowmass ski patrol
I didnt make it this season and was bumed out about it tell my friends that I usually go with got back and told me what happened. Nothing like hanging out with you crew around the campfire having a few beers and what not when the next thing you know your being busted for smoking pot by some jack ass rangers that have nothing better to do but spy on you. I can here them now " yep I think I just saw that group over there lighting somthing up that looks illegal we better move in fast and make the big bust....." I heard 18 busted in all for weed... If you ask me the hole gore fest as fun as it is, has been on a huge downward spiral for years now. What the fuck you got in store for us next year??? How about full body cavity searches.... Dont kid your selves that you are going to be able to work out any less of a police state for next season.... I know none of my local crew that have been going sence the beginning of the gore fest want to go next year!!!!
Well it was fun while it lasted, good luck Rapid Pulse selling the BIG BUST FEST for next year....
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #37
Aspen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
I saw the whole thing with the BLM rushing into the campsite next to us because of the motorcycle! The security was too much! We were visited by women with guns walking thru the camp with a drug dog.
Word to self . . . Never try to be friendly with a police dog! "They are WORKING!" Great event tho! Can't wait for next year!
akblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #38
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
They rolled in 5-strong & heavily armed to write me a ticket for riding a dirtbike. The original cop needed backup because I was sketchy & coulda been a loose cannon. I thought i was gonna get tazered .. tazed .. or whatever .. seriously, it was some Rodney King '05 shit ...

All things considered, I'm probably lucky -- even though it was almost noon, I probably still could've been busted for a DUI ...
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #39
Grand Dysfunction, West Slope, Colorado
Thanks to the organizers, you did a great job putting this together. You did provide us with a wonderful whitewater event. Thank you for your efforts, and thank you to all the people who chose not to walk along the tracks.

The tubers RULED!!! The rest of us in our protective gear stand tall to admire the brave. Thank you for taking on Gore; you have conquered it.

Speaking of which... Have been attending this event for years. Never have I seen with my own eyes anything like the Pumphouse Raid of '05 since observing the footage from Waco. They (subcontracted from the Dept. Of Homeland Oppression And Subversion? and cleverly trained in delivering psychological terror equal to all civilians) rolled into the camp and huddled in the overflow camp to and fortify their plan. Being on the other side of a tent near the entrance we found ourselves overhearing some of their quick huddle instructions. Some of us got in closer to listen but could only make out some of it. Then they set out in a series of formations; The first two rows of enforcers stepped forward without dogs, and the last with. By now this was surreal and scary to watch. The first group broke to their right, entered its first camp with flashlights and started questioning everyone when they spotted what could have allegedly been a bag of contraband. No one fessed up to the evil deed and the inquisition started. A half an hour later they moved on after gathering a few summons. (summonses?) A dog was about to be maced unless the owner had stepped in. In the meantime the others had already secured additional successful targets for more summons. By the time the raid was over, little more than an hour had passed on Friday night and everyone was a mixture of angry, upset, confused, outraged or all.

Did someone start a fight? No. Any major crimes committed there? No.
What was there, some kind of cess-pool? No, just hard-working people coming out on the river to test their skills are trying to have a good time without hurting anyone, including themselves.

Oh, for some reason I decided to forego the next couple years to avoid any hassle with whatever that was, sorry. The gauley festival next month ought to be a little more positive with possibly less intimidation techniques exacted onto the common folk.

raft3plus is offline   Reply With Quote