Old 07-11-2007   #11
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Send a message via Yahoo to jeffy
I always loved the shop and paid full price for the service and community factor. I have to admit I was very disappointed they wouldn't be selling paddling gear anymore. My last trip there was the day I found that out. Unfortunately this town no longer has the great competition in whitewater sports that it used to.

Good luck to you all.

jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #12
Leadvillian, Colorado
I'm sorry to hear the shop is closing, Jonas and Kevin, please send my condolences to Matt, Dan, and the rest of the staff.

Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Matt J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #13
Old Timme'
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Unfortunate for you

I had worked at the Mtn Shop back when Phil (original owner) had owned it then when Dan and his brother...(can't remember) bought it. The crew there was big ego's but skilled in their areas of expertise...yeah that included "Big Wall Pete" (Takeda). It certainly is annoying asking a question about something and getting a complete paddling, sking or climbing resume from someone when you simply asked does this come in red...I suppose that is why I rather buy online nowadays. If you want a humble retailer go to Steamboat and talk to Pete at may enjoy that experience more.

Mad_Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off