Old 10-26-2005   #1
Mad Scientist/Creeker
The M%th$r F#ck!ng Boss

Check it at

Evan J. Stafford
Tim T. Hawkins

RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #2
Well pat my ass. You guys are SIIICK!!!! Please post more pics of your radically talented class 4 bro-ha posse so I can touch myself freely.

Seriously though, you guys need to be on THE TEAM.

This has convinced me to buy the Jefe, especially the swearing in the title. That is soo cool. I know if I get a M&*%$ER F&%$@#ING Jefe I will be able to run anything.

PS-Need directions to M-Wave and OBJ.

RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #3
Castle Rock, Colorado
Hey where is the Jefe that the guy in the green helmet swam out of in the last photo? That is the bottom of Double Trouble, I have seen many people swim out of Jefe's there. Matter O fact my friend LoopDog owns a Jefe and he swam no less than 8 times this season (sorry Loop for calling you out, by the way you still owe me a booty beer for your Brown Bear comment). Anyway Loop does swear by the boat, but apparently when it turns upside down people "just fall out". Better send Kern back to the drawing board...
Phin Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #4
Denver, Colorado
PhinDeeeeeez, you are mistaken, I swam out of my CFS. That swim never would have happened if I was in the Jefe. Who bagged you at the bottom of Double after you followed my shitty line anyways? Me, das who, choo fuckin piece o' chit! The 8 swims was Red Sox Kevin, I think 2 of those were on Black Rock, the rest were in Browns. I'm tired bagging you amateurs, I might as well go boat class 3 with Caspian.
LoopDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #5
I would agree with you Reality Check, those guys are lame.

Especially that Tod Gilman guy.
I heard he's up in Seattle trying to become a proffesional ballet dancer.

Keep it real.
hey diddle diddle...
lotsawater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #6
Boatin', Colorado
Didn't this discussion come up not too long ago about idenifying your relationship with the manufacturer?

You guys usually have some interesting stories, keep it that way, don't start plugging someone who gives you free boats. I don't think there's anyone here who believes that all of those Jefe's in your pictures were paid in full for.

Isn't your posse that is always bitching at others to "keep it real"?
Peev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #7
Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
My best guess on your ?? is that the blue stern in the lower left corner was actually greenhelmetswimmerguy's kayak.... looked to me like the guy in the foreground had just shoved an empty blue Jefe into the eddy right as the pic was taken.... (I had the same ? when I first saw that last night!)
newby0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #8
Mad Scientist/Creeker
First out the gate - Reality Check you anonymous thug you. You're so cute. Everyone knows you are just some regular old, well known buzz user who only created your little alter ego "reality check" because you were afraid of Gary E twisting your head off your neck and sticking it up your ass. But, as Ice Cube once mentioned, ya better check yourself before ya wreck yourself, since I'm Gary's ultimate fighting trainer. Try adding something positive to the discussion you might feel better about yourself (by the way, Gary E has run every hard run in the state at twice the level you or most other mortals have so, show some respect for your elders statesman by at least stating your name).

Second - I can paddle, and most* of my friends can paddle, whichever boat they choose (for the record, not all of them paddle Jefes either). My opinions about the Jefe are based solely on my experience with the boat and not on any sponsorship relationship. Also, we've made our website accesible for anyone to contribute articles, so if you like you're boat better than the Jefe, send me a review and I'll post it.

Third - the guy who swam in that last photo swam out of a Huck, still a Liquid Logic boat, but in my opinion a much inferior design (not to say that you can't swim out of teh Jefe, I've seen it done quite a few times).The blue Jefe is mine and I just thought it was funny that both Nick, saving the guys paddle and Dan, saving the swimmer were both in Jefes.
Lastly - Phin, I enjoy your comments making fun of your buddies (even if they aren't true) but bringing Johnny Kern into the discussion is inappropiate. The Kern brothers practically invented expedition creeking as we know it (in terms of gear and style), so again I would suggest showing some respect.
Evan J. Stafford
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #9
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
hey pete "lotsa water" --

u heard right! glad i happened to check into the kayak forum. i spend most of my time on these days. but reality is, i am class III at best with this whole BALLET thing. seattle's tough. it's gonna be at least another couple months before i can attain professional status or even get hooked up with free ballet gear. (i totally bug the local sales reps & even the ballet stores for deals & free shit anyway though. i mean, hey, i'm cool & i deserve it, right? besides, i put their stickers on all my stuff!) can be a harsh environment. there's always these primadonnas bitching & whining about every conceivable thing, but i guess that's on every forum these days. i usually post with my real name that people know me by, but sometimes i have this other screen name that i use to harass the regulars, dancers who are pretty accomplished & respected. i sometimes even totally disrespect some of the most highly respected dancers who've turned into the industry professionals that start companies & make ballet gear. it's so fun to anonymously stir the pot & it totally makes me feel like i'm THE MAN for a minute or two. then i realize that i'm not that good or respected in the ballet community, & the guys i'm dissing are super good & really nice people, & i, like, just want to live their lives .. so i just go back to normal "toddg" mode & post boring shit.

seattle ballet is seasonal. during the summer, the weather is so good that most of the aspiring pro dancers have to go to the south to get into weather that's disagreeable enough to want to spend it indoors practicing all day every day. the rest of us poor losers stick around, work office jobs or take classes. so you have these periods when there's all this pent-up angst when all we want to do is DANCE DANCE DANCE! but we can't. all the studios are shut down & the dancers that have it all figured out are all off "blogging" about their most excellent trips to exotic studios & productions. dang! sometimes i get so jealous of those assholes! it can get desparate around here .. so yeah, basically we all just sit at our desks & whine & talk shit online.

ok, i have to go stretch now.

hugs & kisses,
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #10
BV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Todd, that was amazing

Wow Todd, you've come so far since CSU. I remember when we were writing all those papers with Dan and whoever else was in our group and I must say, your writing has improved. Hope the NW is treating you well. Good luck in the ballet circuit. Evan Bartlett

EvanB is offline   Reply With Quote