Old 10-27-2005   #11
Just to clear the record and end any speculation on what green helmet guy (me) was paddling - a busted ass, ductape patched Java. You all are lucky you have jobs and can afford new boats. Me, I just get me a new roll of ductape and off I go.

Whiskey's for drinkin' and waters for fightin'
- Mark Twain
wycoloboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #12
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
you think my writing's gotten better? you should see my ballet moves, holmes. i have a light blue leotard.

in all seriousness, i actually went out on the town with dan about a year ago & watched him scare all the chicks off the dance floor.

still have my contact info? PM me if not .. we should catch up ..

ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #13
Evan Bartlet.

Is this the same Evan that went on the Little Salomon at flood stage, and was almost impaled by a sharpened beaver pole. Only to be saved by the plastic on your life jacket! That was crazy.

Todd have you run into Alex Pod. up in the NW. If so could you send me his contact info.
hey diddle diddle...
lotsawater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #14
Mad Scientist/Creeker
Sorry Zach,
Thought you were in a Huck. Wasn't somebody in a Huck. For the record I think the Java ain't that sweet either... but I've heard that the ducted tape version is an entirely different story altogether.
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #15
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Duck tape rulz. In the post-apocalyptic world it will traded as a commodity, like gold or spices or wampum. And now it comes in colors. Last year, my black car's bumper was held together by black duck tape for almost six months...and no one was the wiser. For the record, I noticed improved performance and horsepower.
I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #16
Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Screw the duct tape, BSoE--
I want pics of Gillman in his pretty baby blue leotard & matching tutu!

newby0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #17
Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
Dude I agree, my best boats have been held together with duck tape and a little bit of love. I won't creek without it.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #18
BV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
how'd you guess

Yeah, that's me, obviously you were one of the folks there that miserably cold day. That day sucked. Not only do I have to get my ass handed to me by that wicked log, I get leveled by Kristin just because I decided to take a little nap by the fire. I still have that PFD and still think about that day everytime I put the rescue buckle together. Is this Pass out?
EvanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005   #19
Thanks for posting that shot of me in Norway. I was wondering when that shot might surface. I forgot all about that day. thanks for the good memory.
JJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005   #20
Mad Scientist/Creeker
No problem JJ. You really sacked up on that day. I obviously portaged judging by how far away I am when I took the photo. Do you think it was a first D? I know that the bottom falls has been run but I think you were the first to run the entrance slide.

On a lighter note - did you play polo last night? I need to get in on that. Are the teams already settled?

See you in Norway next summer... or possibly before.

RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote