Old 12-08-2012   #31
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Originally Posted by Shitouta View Post
I am Ben Luck. Will somebody who runs this site please delete the user "Ben-Lucks-a-Bitch"?
Did you report the post? That's probably the most effective method. So lame!!!!

I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #32
Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2002
Not sure if B-L-A-B brownclaw was just trying to get a rise or what. For anyone out there who considers themselves a boater and loves water, being informed about the health of their local watershed is really important. We do live in a progressive country where decisions are made by elected officials. The more you can learn about the policies of the past and the related benefits/consequences, the more able you will be in the future to weigh in on important decisions that still need to be made. Hydro power has a lot of pros and cons. The rate at which dams are being built around the world today exceeds our own dam building hay day. When major continental drainages are impounded and developed for agriculture and growing cities, the ocean is affected in a big way. The health of our oceans has not been addressed yet because of the many other global problems. It is a major issue however and I would love to be on the side of people choosing future policy makers that will support clean water and healthy ecosystems (even if they happen to be in mexico). A source to sea mission anywhere is badass, stouts or not.

jmacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #33
Hood River, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2163
I am glad that Ben Luck's good name is defended. He is 50% gentleman, 50% scholar, and 100% gnarly dude. Folks, that adds up to 200% of a human right there. But it would be great if the off topic posts about Ben's worth as a human could be deleted or stopped somehow so that we can get back to the Colorado River Basin.

On that note, here are a few great articles about the ongoing drought:

It's a real a dilemma. Continue activities like snow making that represent substantial tourist $$$ for the area or allow the fish/riparian zone to "thrive?"
David Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #34
Glenwood Springs/Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Delta Restoration

The US and Mexico have reached an agreement which allows them to share water with each other and the Colorado River delta over the next five years. This is a huge step forward in the effort to reconnect the river with the sea.

Read about the deal on the NY times:

zpodmore is offline   Reply With Quote

colorado river