Old 03-17-2014   #41
Edwards, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
What are your thoughts on physical therapy?

Colorado // Kayaking // Skiing // Film
Caleb125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #42
Renaissance Redneck
Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
Originally Posted by yourrealdad View Post
Wow no one mentioned teaching or nursing? Hands down the best jobs if you want quality time to play.
Teaching is a good gig but you have to be driven to do it.
It's mentally exhausting, pay is medium low, benefits are so/so, the kids are unappreciative and the bureaucracy is a PITA.
I made the same my last year at Purg as I did at my first year at DHS. ($24K in 1996)
Best to get endorsed in a high need subject area like Math, Science or Special Ed. Avoid PE, Social Studies and Art. Those jobs are rare and competitive when they do open up.

"You're gonna be doin a lot of doobie rolling when youre LIVIN IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER"
LSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #43
Louisville, Colorado
Physical therapy pays pretty well, but it isn't very flexible. My physical therapist was saying the other day how hard it is to take off long periods of time because clients book at least a couple months out. Plus, the clients really need you to be there physically - you can't email/call it in.

catwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off