Old 03-20-2008   #11
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Boy, if that is the case I really might have to quit my job... Thanks for the beta!

arkriverrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #12
Boatin', Colorado
And for more good news - it's cold and snowing here in the high country.

Peev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008   #13
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
The word yesterday was that the BOR is anticipating a large amount of transmountain water this year. So they are dumping water right now and will be for the foreseeable future which means that we could have decent flows until the actual runoff. That said...I have yet to meet anyone who can tell you exactly what anyone is doing more than a day out.
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008   #14
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I want to boat on Sunday. I am new to CO and know next to nothing about the rivers here or flows or much of anything else. But I want to boat on Sunday, something over class III. What is running on the Ark right now? The numbers? Pine Creek? Is there anybody boating these sections on Sunday that I can tag along with? I am up for just about anything, I just want to go do something. I can shuttle or throw down for gas $$ or whatever. I live in Boulder. Call me if anybody wants to boat on Sunday, or maybe Saturday.

541 490 5182.
Claytonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008   #15
I'm wrong 50% of the time
RFV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
Dam water thieves. Think what the Roaring fork would be if all that extra water came our way and not into the Ark. It will still be huge, but I just have to bust some balls over there, as I will not be able to make it that way until CDOT opens the pass. That could be a while with the 72 inches snotel is reporting today.
Claimer: Someone that makes a claim that they have been there and done that, can do anything you can do better than you. I hate "claimers"
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008   #16
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Where are you guys getting your flow data, Eddy Flower says they don't report until April?
goldcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008   #17
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
the salida guage is year round and serves as a good reference to what is going on above and below.

upshitscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008   #18
Loveland, Colorado
Fry-Ark diversions

Just to confirm: what MHarvey was relating is pretty accurate. We're hoping to have an above average year on the Fryingpan-Arkansas this year. Right now, we're looking at about a 152% of average snowpackin the Fryingpan basin. We'll divert some of that to the Fry-Ark project and also anticipate we'll be able to fill Ruedi Reservoir .

Have a great weekend!
Kara Lamb
Public Information
Eastern Colorado Office
Bureau of Reclamation
(970) 962-4326
klamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008   #19
Pine creek numbers tonight!!

Originally Posted by RDNEK View Post
Word around the campfire is that this flow is here to stay..

It may not come down until Aug.. Or Sept..

Crazy to think that in 2002 the Ark peaked just about where it is now!
Im rolling in to put on tonight around 1730 local @ the Clear Creak out flow, we will probably pound beers and surf moon pie till some body passes out who's in!!
970 691 2992
Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008   #20
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Pine creek/numbers or Brown's Sunday

Hey, planing on running pine creek/ numbers or Browns tomorrow (Sunday). So far all of the usual suspects are absent/engaged or unresponsive. I'm ready to kick off the season, and am looking for a person/group to paddle with. Did numbers neumerous times at many flows last summer. Looked at Pine Creek on a snowy afternoon and feel good about it from that, but never been in. Won't be near a computer for the rest of the evening, but call my cell if your up for it.
Will be leaving from Vail in the A.M. if anyone wants to car pool, and I can be at put in/take out as early as 9am, though it might be nicer due to the cold to run around 11.

arkriverrat is offline   Reply With Quote