Old 06-11-2005   #1
Thanks to Hobie

Went to Dagger's Paddle with the Pro's both in Salida and today at the Lawson Hole, for me it was a very entertaining and educational. It might have taken me till next season to go to Lawson...

This to me is what Kayaking should be all about, several very good boaters and the people from the local shops getting together to share their knowlage and experience, in a laid back fun filled enviroment with out the time limits of a class, geared to all levels of boaters and giving us a place to meet other boaters.

As a new boater going to places like Golden can be intimadating seeing all the good players that know each other (do I paddle and get in the way) its kind of like paddling out to a new surfing lineup but at least kayakers are friendly...

It was also a great experience to be able to watch the rescue training that was going on along with the event, I personaly think this should be included at each of the PWTP event. It made me even more aware of the need for all boaters to be self-rescue trained, I was suprised at the number of the people that had never swam a rapid before.

Thanks Hobie and to Cory and Brad and all the other Dagger paddlers that made these events possiable and the shops that brought these events. A tip of the hat to Don and Mark for all the motavation too.

Don't do anything, just stand there.
rasdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005   #2
Thanks to Mike, Matt, and Hobie for the class - it was great! We had to leave early so didn't get to say good bye and thanks. PS- did anyone pick up my green folding chair, nalgene, and class handouts from the parking lot - we forgot them.

Linda 303-697-8555

Piedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005   #3
Eagle, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to matts Send a message via MSN to matts Send a message via Yahoo to matts Send a message via Skype™ to matts
i think hobie has them for you. he will be at lawson this afternoon and back in git some tonight. thanks for coming to the class - it was an awesome group and a fun class to work with. bummer you had to leave early.

Alpine Arms
Team Dagger
matts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005   #4
Indian Hills, Colorado
Thanks again for a great class. To those who haven't participated in a swift water rescue class before: do it!! There's a lot of valuable information to be will walk away feeling confident that you have been exposed to the basics and humbled knowing that there's a lot more to be learned and practiced.

At a minimum: why not give a few tosses to your throw bag next time you are on the river. Don't have a throw bag? Buy, beg, borrow, fabricate.

Thanks again!
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005   #5
I'd like to join in with a big thank you to Brad, Tyler, Jonathon, Hobie and Corey. I'd like to echo Rasdoggy's sentiments as well. It can be real embarrassing for someone like me to get in line for a hole, and their support yesterday was inspiring and motivating. I'm glad I didn't chicken out because now I know that there really is no better time to go for it than with great guys who love their sport. They want to help and its obvious. Now I can't wait to get back in a hole!!

Thanks Again!!!!

Loaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005   #6
Local, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to paddlebizzle
Ditto on this weekend in Lawson.

Thanks to Mike Mather for putting on the class but also to Solomon, Hobie, and even Volt who threw down in the playpark and then assisted with their time and expertise at the swiftwater clinic.

Skip a few nights at the bar and pony up for a SWR class. You'll be glad
you did.
paddlebizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005   #7
Another big thanks to all that put on the SWR class. Mike was fantastic, Hobie, Dagger, Confluence Kayaks, everyone involved first class!! Thanks for helping a small group of boaters that much safer on the water.
kkeane7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #8
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Thanks for the kind words, but it was Mike and Matt that made it such a success. They really tried to get as much into one day as possible. Im glad so many came out and it seems everyone learned from the class. Plans are already in the making for next years event. I was amazed by the turn out.
As for the chair and class work I gave that to Don. He said he would bring it down to Confluence Kayaks today so give him a call.
Again, thanks to you all for making the weekend and Paddle with the Pros what it was. Im so stoked on the turn out and how it all worked together.

Dagger Kayaks
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #9
Great, I'll call Don at CK regarding the chair, etc - thanks for picking that stuff up, Hobie.

Piedra is offline   Reply With Quote