Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2005   #11
Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
for the love of god, let this topic die...

If people don't want the directions posted stop bringing it up and posting pics telling the rest of CO how cool the M-wave is. just stop talking about it let eveyone forget about a POS wave in an irrigation ditch. damn.

Old 10-06-2005   #12
pnw, Washington
Remind me to never tell you guys that go to the m-wave a secret cause frankly you suck at keeping something quiet. This topic keeps recurring because some dumbass keeps posting that they know something that no one else does....giggle, giggle, blah, blah. Theres wood in there, farmer threw trash in there, its done. Most of us are not stupid so stop posting that crap. Its boring and just stirs up curiousity. The harder you guys try to squeeze this secret wave the more it leaks out. I think Stiff did a service to just air it out and get this over with. I support him/her in their posting the pic and Hobie I think its beneath you to send out the veiled threat. I do appreciate your thoughtful explanation of the situation though. I guess you guys have more time than me or you are local but I dont plan on driving across Colorado to ride a wave in an irrigation ditch. I guess I just dont have that much time or desire. Best of luck to you that go there and have fun and respect the environment no matter where you are.

Old 10-06-2005   #13
placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
thanks hobie--nice post. hopefully the last thread on this subject will be about who stiff is--
Old 10-06-2005   #14
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Stiff, aka CStork, aka Christoph Stork.
Old 10-06-2005   #15
Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Hobie - your points regarding access are well-taken and your relational efforts are appreciated by many I hope. I never go to the M-Wave, but I do make it a point to pick up after other idiot boaters who periodically leave trash at places on private land like Four Falls. One thing worth mentioning to the farmer is that in Colorado, he is virtually immune from suit unless he charges for access. The rest of you slugs pick up after yourselves or the world will hate you a lot more than you dislike Stiff when the farmer shuts off access forever. More info:

Colorado's recreational use statute (Colo. Rev. Stat. §§ 33-41-101 to 106) was passed in 1963. This law does not specify if the landowner has a duty to keep the property safe or a duty to warn. It does specify that a landowner does not have to provide an assurance of safety. In general, this law grants landowners broad immunity from liability for personal injuries or property damage suffered by recreationists on the owner’s land. However, the law does not protect the landowner from liability for willful or wanton misconduct, and does not protect the landowner if a fee is charged for the use of the property unless they are fees from land leased to a public agency.
Join up, suckas.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Old 10-06-2005   #16
I have an idea if people think that it will ruined then don't go there, including who go there most often.

I, Matt Hobbs, pledge to never ever go to the M-Wave nor otherwise mention or divulge its whereabouts.

If the farmer doesn't like the scene, and people still go there, and bring or tell others, then I submit that they're the more of a problem then Stiff. Chance are those who really want to go already know where it is.

If people really respect the farmer and think it's intruding on his space then the answer is simple and clear. Either don't go, or try to create a situation where everyone who wants to go can; i.e. negotiate with the farmer regarding access to properly account for his wishes.
Old 10-06-2005   #17
First of all I will never go there and I have known the where abouts for over 2 years. If you ultra cool people who do go there had not continued to do the nanny nanny bo bo to those that did'nt know. This would never have happened. I mean who the heck posted the pictures last month. You were your own worst enemy. And now we have a nationally known pro acting like a North Shore enforcer. I don't remember veiled threats or outings when pro's(in certain manufactuere's boats) were making videos there. And to those that leave any paddling place less clean Grow up. There I feel better. sj
Old 10-06-2005   #18
I'm right 50% of the time
Paddling Since: 1977
M -wave vs. South Canyon

I have been with kids from Montrose that have been Surfing it on a piece of plywood for many and I mean many years. As a water man myself ( not only a kayaker, rafter, ocean surfer, bodyboarder and semi-environmentalist) I would believe that this is all a bunch of bullshit. If you see people acting in an inappropriate way, school them in the art of righteous living. To all of the "pros" who take media of this spot and then put it in our faces, and then throw attitude, Come on. You could use profanity, but a call or e-mail to a sponsor is much more appropriate. I may play on the "secret wave" once a year and have never had any problems. As for Stiff, he did a service to all the want to know where the wave is. Most will go their and realize that they are not at the level. Come play on my local wave and we'll probably have a lot of fun. At least thats the goal right.
Old 10-06-2005   #19
Denver, Colorado
That's BS if people are polluting up there, but Hobie aka. Warchild, take that attitude back to Cali. Nobody cares about your stupid wave, Union is where it's at, Caspian is a bitch, peace
Old 10-06-2005   #20
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
What the hell are you guys talking about? What pros are giving attitude here? I’m stating facts about the spot and its fragile situation. I don't care if everyone on this board goes so long as they do it the way the surrounding property owner wants. And if your refering to me and contacting my sponsors, go ahead. Regardless of what I paddle or who I work with is no matter. I am a paddler, bottom line And Loop Dog as I have stated in the past you are a tool holmes. Why not put your real name? I'm trying to keep a stellar play spot accessible to paddlers that will use it with respect and not come throw a party and disrespect the person that owns access points around it. And for those that say you don't care about some stupid wave in the middle of no where then don't post. I do care about it and its future. War child? No. Looking to help protect a great place. Yes.

Affiliated with no one

Closed Thread