Old 08-07-2008   #1
Hood River, Washington
Thanks for all the great posts

Let me start out by saying I really appreciate all of your responses. Not just the nice ones, also some of the others. I don't mind being criticized as long as it's for something logical. Anyone that stands for something is going to have fans and critics, and I'm ok with that.
Let's clear a few things up about me.
I am cocky. I think you are going to have a hard time finding anyone successful that isn't. Cocky and confidence are often synonymous.
I don't shy away from publicity. I love my career and the only way I've found to continue making money paddling is to continue getting publicity. If any of you want to pay me a lot of money to not get publicity I'll do it.

Below I'm quoting what someone wrote in an earlier thread because I very much agree with it.
"between special interest groups, big money, and congress people’s egos, very little change/benefits trickles down to “we the people”.

I'm completely agree with the quote above and that is part of why I've chosen to run for office. I thought as appose to just complaining about all the problems I would get involved and try to make a difference. Now I'm not being naive. I know that even if elected, I may find out that it's to corrupt to change. But I would rather try and fail than fail by not trying.

You can learn more about my campaign at Tao Berman | Tao Berman
If anyone wants to donate to my campaign click on the "donations" tab. I've been having some technical problems with my online donations so you may have to send a check to the listed PO Box.

Thanks again for all the great replies.

taob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #2
Tao.. how does Washingtons state legislature work? Do you have to run under a party or can you run unafilliated? If you are running under a party which party is it?

This is the problem that I see, I believe that some lower positions do not require a party affiliation but any position that really matters does. I would love to start or be part of the silent majority party that is really positioned in the middle and really discusses and debates each issue on the merits of the best overall effect or outcome for the people of any legislation. I am tired of the back and forth crap between the Dems and the Reps however most of the other parties out there are considered "crack pot" parties.

cma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #3
Hood River, Washington
I agree

I'm running as a Democrat. A candidate doesn't have to run as a Democrat or a Republican. But if they want to have any chance of being elected then they had better choose one of those two parties.

I really agree with what you said. I don't think politics should be all about being a Democrat or Republican. It should be about where a candidate stands on issues.
I'm running as a Democrat in a Republican district "15th LD." But if any Democrat stands a chance of getting elected it will be one with views like mine. What I mean by that is that I have many views that Republicans have traditionally stood for. (whether they ever stood for those issues is another issue) I'm pro business and believe in fiscal responsibility, smaller government, etc. But I also believe in protecting our environment and regulating business.
I believe it's time to stop looking at Republicans as opponents and start looking at them as partners to get things done. If we start at where we agree, as appose to where we disagree, we have a much better chance of getting things done.

taob is offline   Reply With Quote