Old 11-04-2008   #1
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Thankgiving in Mexico

A small posse from Durango is headed down to Ol' Mex on Friday Nov 21 to Sun Nov 30.

Do to the fact we have a small group we were wondering if anyone else was headed down?

I have been down before at this time and we only ran into two other paddlers on our last day. I know most people head down a little later when the water is lower.

We are only taking one vehicle and were wondering if anyone would be around for shuttles? Let me know if you are heading down and maybe we can cordinate on the Santa Maria or any other runs in the area.

Captain Gringo

PS-If you are rolling a large bus and are not from the front range/pussies we would love a ride.

Creek Boaters Like Tight Boxes
cosurfgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #2
Mentone, Alabama
Paddling Since: 2000

We'll have a crew from the southeast in that region from nov 23 - dec 13th. Shoot me an e-mail, we'd be down for sharing some shuttles for sure.

granolapaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #3
303, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
We went last Thanksgiving, It is a great time to go for Med/High water. I heard right now the water is higher than it has been in the last 4 years!

If you are in Valles contact Kayak Hausteca and Adventura Hausteca they are great people and a ton of logistical help. We hired them for a few shuttles last year and it was well worth it!!!!!!!!
"I would lick it up if it weren't all glassified and on concrete"
CUkayakGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #4
Mentone, Alabama
this will be my 4th year down there, so I have the logistics pretty well dialed in, but I agree the guys at Kayak Husteca seem like great folks.
Old 11-05-2008   #5
Fayetteville, AR and Banks, Idaho
Should be down there the 20th - 30th. We have a group looking to get on the Verde, plus the classics, and maybe a new run that some buddies just ran two weeks ago if there is enough water.

Word from Mexico is the Micos is still closed down and although my buddies could not see it, it could potentially be f'ed. Heard the power plant and Pago Pago got destroyed, but haven't seen any pictures or anything.
FarPastGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #6
Mentone, Alabama
Some guys ran the Cascadas Micos this week, they said its kinda high (= good), and that the normal takeout road at the powerhouse park was class V mud pit, but nothing to really prevent anyone from kayaking it.

Verde is good, we ran the 2nd canyon last year... hoping to do the 1st and 2nd this year along with alot of other stuff. Shoot me an e-mail if yall want to do some shuttles.

Old 11-06-2008   #7
Ketchum, Idaho
you guys probably are planning on this already, but if you can, try to bring down extra old gear that you can sell to the paisanos, especially spray skirts and life jackets.

munter_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote