Old 04-23-2007   #1
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
Thank You- So very much!

Thank you to all the wonderful people that joined us in the South Platte River clean-up yesterday. It was incredible to see how strong the true underbelly of the of the Front Range boating community is. More than 150 men, women and children showed up to try and make a little difference in our river and in our state. I think that everyone their felt a little special, just taking one day out of their busy lives to give back to mother earth.

For most folks it's hard to look past themselves and give back. I'm sure that if you missed out yesterday your feeling a little bad today for not making it out there. It's not too late. Tonight after work, or this weekend, or the next. Grab a few friends and a few trashbags and head to the river. Don't do it for the exposure- do it to make our rivers better and cleaner.

Thanks you to the two Colorado groups that brought the most voluntiers to the river clean-up- Outward Bound and the Front Range Paddler Assc. Maybe next year Colorado Whitewater and the Colorado Kayakers groups will jump on board and match their numbers. It was very interesting to see who showed up and who didn't.
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote