Old 06-10-2005   #1
Thank you from James sister

It is with a shaking hand that I write this thank you for all of your heart felt condolenses. My brother, James McFarland, was truly a unique individual. As I read the boards about my brother so many things that were said were the things that I remember and admire most about him. He always had time for others and enjoyed helping someone reach their goal. He himself set his goals high and persivered until that particular goal was met, and then he would set another goal, always slightly higher than the one before and he would set out to meet that one. One of his passions in life was kayaking...and as in all other aspects of his life he would set his goals and reach out to meet them..always with dignity and grace.

I am truly touched and honored that the Clear Creek Festival was dedicated to my brother James. I would like to know how I can donate for the bench in his honor...please let me know.

I close with this...thank you to all who knew James and spoke so highly of him and who were his friends. He will forever be missed and loved. As he closed his articles on this board I also close safe, have fun!

james-sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005   #2
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Sorry to hear about yours and your families loss...I never had the pleasure of paddling with James,yet it is never easy to hear that people like James who have touched so many,make their exit so early in life,when they have so much to show and share with us....

On june 8 2002 I was paddling the stretch above where James died and lost one of my best friends there...Life is always the teacher as I remember the year before I lost another good friend on mill creek in west virginia..I remember getting the call and thinking how could this happen,"I wish I would have been there" as I am such a good paddler I could have gotten him..All the time thinking this,I knew the people he was with-- were me if not better and did a remarkable job in being there and doing what it takes for their friend,A year later I remember looking into the sky screaming just give us a chance as my friend died 5 feet anyway from me...I took me forever to come to this conclusion about that day,as I did things that day that should'nt have to ever be done for a friend or anyone for that matter....It was a beautiful day on june 8,paul was laughing,playing jokes and smiling as he floated into that last rapid he paddled on this earth,he was'nt scared,just smiled at me and went..My point being is what a day to go...Your with friends that love and would do anything for you,in a place that reminds you how special you are, being with beauty and people that love and think just like you..It was'nt on a road somewhere bleeding to death in your car or shot in a school or gas station...Not a bad way to go....James is with some great company and I'm sure reading the post's teaching them a thing or two...

Peace,Gary Edgeworth

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005   #3
Condolences to James family from BVHS friends

I just wanted to post our condolences to James Family and friends. My brother and I were both friends with James. Lennie even was a roommate in UNLV with him. I always remember James smiling all the time. From friends in Buena Vista.
goatlady is offline   Reply With Quote