Old 06-24-2005   #1
Thailand WW

Anyone out there have any experience with boating in Thailand? Since there isn't much going on in the Pac Northwest this year I was hopin to get on the river in Aug when we are in Thailand. Glad to seee everything is running in COlorado. Its been a long time since all the rivers have good flows at the same time.

thogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #2
The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
Yeah, I was thinking the very same thing. I know this post is two years old so I'll give it a bump and see if anyone has anything to add at this point...

So, anyone have some words of wisdom on Thailand kayaking?

Life: Live it!
Badazws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #3
DP/ Cinematographer
DP - cinematographer, Boulder
Paddling Since: 1978
Send a message via Skype™ to Brook
Not sure about Tailand but the rivers here in Japan the last few weeks have been really juicy because of the recent hurricanes. If it rains here it flows big. I am guessing Tailand is similar with the rainfall and big weather that rolls through?........

Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007   #4
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I was there a few years ago and paddled with Siamrivers. Jason was the guide, nice guy, I think he lived in Colorado for a while. I was there in late January (dry season) I did the Mae Teng river I think. Not bad, with more water it would have been pretty nice. He has some boats to use, and will pick you up. He is in Chiang Mai in Northern Thailand 12 hours by train from Bangkok. Nice part of the country too. Not too hot and sticky like the south. I think he has a website. I also just noticed that he is selling his business, hopefully he is still there. I'm a bit envious, I'd love to go back. Have you been there before?
bodhizafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #5
The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
No, but Thailand is somewhere I would like to go. I figured why not try to boat there as well. Seems like there is a possibility of being able to do it. I was thinking maybe costa rica this winter but this seems more exotic and appealing. Only down side is I'm not sure if I can sign up through siam as a single, kinda looked like it needed to be a group...

Life: Live it!
Badazws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007   #6
breckenridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 96
thai surfing

you can come single or with a group.

axman is offline   Reply With Quote