Mountain Buzz banner

Texas Class V

Tags
class v
3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jimmynedmesser 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Spring Whitewater in the Texas Hill Country - Google Video

This vid features the Blanco Narrows at about 630 cfs. I got to try out a new Rocker and despite not having one of my better runs, I really like the boat. Ben, of course, kicked ass in all of his runs. This will be running today and perhaps two more.

-851345487800130023&hl=en

#3 ·
nice. good footy. thanks. after being in San Marcos last may to build the Rio Vista Park I fell in love with that town and that part of Texas. Totally changed my elitist Colorado view of Texas. I am super psyched to get back down there to paddle and ride my road bike with my wife. Thanks for the the motivation.

#4 ·
So I have only seen pictures of this one drop on that run and its never been flowing when I've been in TX, is the rest of the run pretty good as well? Is this the section right behinds LA's land?

I agree with Mike, San Marcos changes the Tx stereotype. Nice warm clear water that flows year around in a pretty cool college town. If that was in Colorado or the SE there would be 50 people there every day. What are the new features like now that there is more water? I was only there at record low flows last fall.

Spring Whitewater in the Texas Hill Country - Google Video This vid features the Blanco Narrows at about 630 cfs. I got to try out a new Rocker and despite not having one of my better runs, I really like the boat. Ben, of course, kicked ass in all of his runs. This will be running today and perhaps two more.

#6 ·
What are the new features like now that there is more water? I was only there at record low flows last fall.
It's OK. We got 450 cfs this year and the top hole is really fun. The cocrete under the chute is in the way if you are in the green, but in the pile there is room for throwing but really hard to get a pop cus you will probly hit bottom. The second drop sucks bad, washed out. The third drop is where I am trying to learn loops, Not yet. The water is so clean you will want to take some home. Hope to meet you there. - Gary

#5 ·
The rest of the run is scenic with a few class III's, but is a little bony if the Narrows is runnable. Don't know LA but can say the run is upstream of Wimberly and downstream of Blanco. As far as the park goes, it's pretty good now that there's water. Alot of us were unhappy opening day with the 130 or 140cfs , but now with 250 the first drop is rockin! The second and third drop could use some work, but we're happy to at least have one good hole to surf 24/7. Anyway, I'm headin out to fire up the Narrows. Anyone headin to Texas should bring a boat and pray for rain cuz there actually are some goods to be had.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.