Old 07-05-2006   #51
Denver, Colorado
Confused, you must be one of those people who ride around with your rainbow colored "No Vacancy" bumber sticker, and wear your yellow lens sunglasses on sunny days because you are too extreme. You seem like you need to get out, maybe Durango is cramping your style. Go somewhere with more lezbos, get your munch on and quit being so hateful.

LoopDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #52
wannabe raft guide/kayak instructor
texans and coloradians

I think the guys from paddletexas are a bunch of pathetic wannabe paddlers. They sit around all day and pine over the lack of water and lack of boating, and when it does rain, they go out and the river looks like a fifty cent yard sale. I had oopsychuck call me out and call me a "non-paddler" one time, and when I challenged him to a comparison of paddling resumes', that seemed to shut him up. If you go to, check out the number of post. The number of post is usually inversely proportional to their paddling ability.

With that being said, I hate colorado paddlers. They are a bunch of people that think that everyone else owes them something or they are a blessing from God because they live in Colorado. You are all a bunch of pathetic pretentious bastards.

Viva Chattooga!

rwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #53
outdoor bum
Wonder why it called the Lonestar state ? because no one else wants it.
Fort Worthless was recently (last couple of years) rated the FATTEST
city in America hmmmmmmm and sadly their bar-b-que even sucks. Brisket
my ass. David Koresh must still be running the place.
If it were not for Robert Earl Keen and David Allen Coe and the Lodge in Dallas. Texas would be wasteland.
God Bless Colorado
boulderite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #54
gunnison, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
HA HA HA HA, so i go to paddle texas and start flipping through this photo gallery, looking at this set of clean, biggish class III rapids going, wow, that looks like a great play run! I should go to texas! .... the i saw it, on the bottom of the page "Gallery: Colorado river trips" .. turns out it was brown's canyon.. mexican creek looks like a fun one though, maybe its like 20 miles long, and also in colorado :)
&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #55
Straight to hell boy !! (kenny)

Ken Ley = Texan = A$$Wipe..

Died in Colorado.. That is one way to get them out of the state...
bouldrmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #56
Thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
OKAY - here it is, my mother grew up in west Texas, she took a teaching job in Rawlins Wyoming, sight unseen, and STAYED for two years just to get the heck out of Texas. She swore she would do whatever it took to get out of Texas, so that she didn't have to raise Texas boys. To this day she is glad she did.

Have you ever been to Rawlins? It is the armpit of the western US. That to me says all that has to be said about Texas.

"Texas - a whole other country"

I sure wish it was!
You ARE a soul, you HAVE a body.

rockinRio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #57
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
I hate texans because they move to DGO and complain
....etc, etc...

...Unlike the Durango natives that live there and complain....

I would bet at least 75% the population of Durango are people from places other than La Plata county. If you want to live in a Colorado town where everyone's a "born 'n bred" O.G. local, you're going to have to go out to Yuma, Colorado; or some such town. But then you'll be the outsider THEY complain about.

Get over yourself. Durango would be an economically depressed 1 horse town without the imported population and their money. What do you do for work? I'd be willing to bet that it's either tied to tourism in some way, or a business started by a non-Durango native. That's the trade-off of living in such a nice place to live. But what do I know- I only lived there for 7 years; I'm probably a know-nothing "outsider".

I will say this- most of the Durango natives that I know aren't nearly as bitter about their neighbors as you are.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #58
Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
This was probably covered already but i'm tool lazy to read all the threads. Why the shit do all these morons(texans) have stickers of their state flag, if not a flag itself, inside their trucks and mega SUV's? I've never seen a single person from a diff state flying their state flag. Who the shit cares!! Do they think their state flag looks that cool or something? Or that we might be impressed that your from Texas? Is it cause Stars are so hot right now? I'm lost, someone tell me. Preferably a dumbass from texas.
gapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #59
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
In a slight defense of the flags, most state flags are basically state seals on a navy blue flag. Quick...what does the Utah flag look like? Those states that have an actual design, you see them often. Seems like most people from AZ have the state flag on their front license plate. You see the Zia Sun Symbol on everything New Mexican (it seems). The Colorado flag shows up quite a bit too, it is part of the CW design.

Yes, Texans are a little too proud of their flag, but I think you just notice it more because you are bothered by it.
rivermanryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #60
Public education
Being from Arkansas, this thread is rich! Don't let it stop. BTW, you people from Colorado should hear what they say about you when they come to our state.

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Rahark1 is offline   Reply With Quote