Old 06-30-2006   #41
avoiding work
Why the fuss? Is this not America? Freedom of speech!!!! Thats not to much to ask.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A public demonstrationFreedom of speech is the concept of being able to speak freely without censorship. It is often regarded as an integral concept in modern liberal democracies. The right to freedom of speech is guaranteed under international law through numerous human rights instruments, notably under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights, although implementation remains lacking in many countries. The synonymous term freedom of expression is sometimes preferred, since the right is not confined to verbal speech but is understood to protect any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used.

The right to freedom of expression is not absolute in any country; governments always prohibit certain types of expressions. Under international law, restrictions on free speech are required to comport with a strict three part test: they must be provided by law, pursue an aim recognized as legitimate, and be necessary (i.e., proportionate) for the accomplishment of that aim. Amongst the aims considered legitimate are protection of the rights and reputations of others (prevention of defamation), and the protection of national security and public order, health and morals. It is generally recognised that restrictions should be the exception and free expression the rule; nevertheless, compliance with this principle is often lacking.

Paddle or die!
yakattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #42
avoiding work
I think it even includes Texans.

Paddle or die!
Old 06-30-2006   #43
Bummer....PaddleTexas is down. Guess we will have to bring it to this board. Ant of the PTex crew know what's up with our sandbox?
--Don't mess with Texas
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #44
Too much cat crap and hair balls.
flipit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #45
avoiding work
watch it Mr. flipit using words like crap will get u banned.
Paddle or die!
Old 06-30-2006   #46
avoiding work
the website you are talking about works. maybe you typed the address wrong. Texans cant spell so here is a link for y'all
Paddle or die!
Old 06-30-2006   #47
Vail, Colorado
El guapo. Thanks for the quote praise. The movie is a classic and Bill Murray just get better with age like fine wine and jeans.
Steve Zizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #48
Maximum fun
If TexASS is so great why don't they stay in TexASS???

I've lived in Oklahoma, Washington, Arkansas, North Carolina and Colorado. In every one of those great states Texans would move in and try to tell me how great and how much better TexASS was. I would always ask the same question. "If it so great why did you move"? I always got the same deer in headlights look with no real answer.
BUSTERonBUFFALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #49
ok, I hate texans because they move to DGO and complain, unlike the californians who acctually appreciate it (not saying that the californians shouldn't leave too), plus we in la plata county ( DGO, Ignacio, Bayfeild, Arboles, Tiffany, Oxford) got the religious whackos who thought that there was going to be nuclear war during the cold war and moved to CO because the mountains change the air flow and the radiation wouldn't come here. Then, this same group of texans doesn't like women getting an education and have a society where a convicted wife-beater is allowed to take the pulpit and talk about brotherly love. Also, this group will ostersize people if they do something not normal. I know, my family used to be friends with these people until i cut my hair to bob length. They also think it is their duty to save your immortal soul from eternal damnation and then once your baptised they come and tell you what your problem is nd what you should do about it. Then you meet the kids. The kid are all asses. I got told by a seven year old ( I was twelve) "My daddy says ladies have long hair." This from a girl whose mother walks three paces behind her father.

Its not just teaxans i hate anyways, i hate the people who move to dgo, live here for four years, and think they can tell me (I grew up here, my mom grew up in cortez) anything about durango, including "DGO should have had more rain by now." screw them. agreed, we need more rain but it caome at the end of July through august, and through the first week of september. these are the people who weren't here for the Missionary Ridge fire or when Mesa Verde was burning, don't realize just how dry it gets, and they think they have the right to tell me any thing. get them and their sorry asses back to whatever state they came from and leave me in peace
confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #50
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Posts: 989 need a qualude. you remind me of that incredibly angry chick in "Waiting", that movie with the van wilder dude. that's the kind of hate that brings you to the dark side of the force.

Come with me and together we can rule the universe as father and son (er, daughter)

I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote