Old 12-28-2005   #11

Thanks Grunge. I forgot to mention those articles! Hope they are helpful. Dan and Todd were core; they opened up a lot of the Bighorns goods.

You might find some Bighorns beta on the AW site and at . Not sure if riverbeta is still active or not though. Todd Gilman's site may have some pics too. Google "rangelife" I think.

Team Eskimo USA

GDalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #12
Cody, Wyoming
I'm currently working on transfering and updating the info from Dans old site to Hopefully within a month I will have a Bighorns info page under kayaking on Coldfear.

The Levels on Ten Sleep can change the whole nature of the run, just on inch on the gauge changes alot. Such as the difference between 11 inches and a foot, there are not many eddies at that level and at 1.2 it's bug and you better know your lines. There are not many drops over 4 feet but there are many very technical big drops that drop at least 15 feet in a short distance. The video really doesnt do the creek justice because when your in your boat all you see is horizon line after horizon line. I remeber running my first time and Todd had run it the day before so he knew the lines and I just followed him all the way down. I think half of the seat was squeezed up between cheeks all the way down. There is 2 drops that drop at least 8-10 feet though. Beware there is a few splits in the river and I believe it the 3rd split that you have to go left or the right will hurt very badly beware of this one it can really sneak up on you.

Aaron Mulkey

COLDFEAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off