Old 05-25-2004   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Team Wavesport lesson on Arkansas River

CKS and Wavesport brings you an opportunity to learn from the best paddlers/instructors in the world. Team Wavesport will be in town and is offering a downriver playboat lesson. It is for the paddler that has a solid roll and wants to learn the art of playboating. From beginner to advanced this is a lesson you don't want to miss. This clinic will be focused on developing the techniques and skills needed to control your boat in the local play wave. A few of the moves you will be working on include: squirts,surfing, cartwheels, 360's, and Loops. They will also be focusing on downriver freestyle moves such as: splat wheels, wave wheels, kick flips, and macho moves.

Your instructors are

Jimmy Blakeney (World Class kayak instructor, 2003 National Champ, 2003 IR Big Gun King of the Air)

Tanya Shuman (2003 US Freestyle team, 2003 Fibark Womens Champ, 2001 National Champion)

Brian Kirk (2003 US Freestyle team, 2002 Bronze World Medalist)

Jed Selby (2003 US Freestyle team, 2003 Fibark Champ)

June 17th meet at CKS Nathrop @ 9AM

Location: Browns Canyon or Numbers section (water level pending)

5 people max per pro

Limited spots available

You can request what pro you want until spots fill up.

Call CKS to reserve your spot 719-395-8653

This lesson is focused on having more personal instruction (5 to 1 ratio). There won't be 20 people hanging out in 1 small eddy trying to learn whatever they can from a free clinic. You will be spending a full day with one of the pros listed above. Don't miss your chance to learn from the best!!

marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004   #2
Snowmass ski patrol
Couldnt help noticing the price difference between your lesson and Daggers.

Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004   #3
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
apples to apples

mountain -- you are perceptive in noticing the obvious price difference, but how did you miss the last sentence in marko's post? the one that outlined the basic difference in the two concepts & why one might want to PAY for the WS lesson.

at any rate, thanks again to CKS for offering both of these cool options to colorado paddlers ...

ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004   #4
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Thanks for pointing that out to mountain for me ToddG

I am not putting down the FREE paddle with Dagger but I went to one last year and didn't learn squat. There was 25 people trying to fight for eddy space. I think I got about 3 rides in until I gave up trying to fight for instruction with the other 24 people.

Basically you will get what you pay for!!!! Isn't that how everything in life is????
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004   #5
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie

So far our ratio has been about 4 to 1 so im not sure where the 20 to 1 comment came from. Sorry you had a busy PWTPs last year but with 4 paddlers from Dagger arriving it would mean there is 80+ participants? I don't think so. But if you want to drop a hundred bucks for a lesson time then give er'. Were just trying to give some tips and have fun on the river. Thats pretty much it. See you in Colorado soon.

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004   #6
Both will be awesome

Paddle with the pros this Sat May 28 at CKS Nathrop is always fantastic. The Waveport lesson will be an incredible value for those looking for a full days instruction. If I had time, I would do them both. Call CKS for questions 888 CO KAYAK

Thanks Earl

bvwp1 is offline   Reply With Quote

ark, arkansas, arkansas river