Old 07-19-2006   #11
tandem duckies

I have a tandem Lynx that I'd like to sell. It's several years old and I've only used it maybe four times on class III with my kids. They're gone now and it hasn't gotten any use lately. It comes with a foot pump and I'd sell the whole shebang for $750. I bought it used for $1000. I'm in C. Spgs. if you'd like to take a look.

PROBULLJCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #12
A one man Lynx has more than adequate capacity for say a 3 day trip,if you are paddling solo,why have a 2 man boat? I think the one person is more fun ,but the best duckyist I know paddles the Lynx 2 on class V and alot of big water.
Soars are ok ,and definitely hold tons of gear,but the floor baffles have a tendency to blow out and are a huge pain in the ass to repair,my buddies in the repair industry hate em'.
I agree with most of what Slickhorn said,the boats are plenty capable of harder water than the skills of most IK'ers.I feel I can catch eddies in solid class 4 water as well as 95% of class 4 kayakers can,likewise with ferrying,and you can boof especially in a Force,you can run bonier rockier stuff than a kayak can,you can playP{old school moves:front and side surfing ,spins,enders}.The stuff that gives me trouble steep pour overs with stout holes,squirrely laterals,and its much harder to fight onto playwaves.

cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #13
Boof it like you stole it
G-wood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
I worked with the only company that legally took duckies down the middle ocoee (class III mostly, little IV). We used the NRS one and two seaters, and they are the bomb. These were left outside in the hot Tennessee sun for years, with lots of commercial abuse, and held up great. With the few problems we had, the repairs were relatively simple and fast. I would suggest these boats to anyone, and the double (turned around backwards) paddles as a single just fine. They're cheaper than Aire and most other brands as well!
Good luck

boofyak is offline   Reply With Quote